VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Auto Grant

Rate this question

edanaisc2

Question

hi to all,

I am new to this forum and just wanted to post a question about the va auto grant. I was already awarded this grant and went on to buy my vehicle, but then came the problem: now the dealer is calling about and is asking when will they get the check for the $11,000 from the grant.

I was wondering if anybody could fill me in on how long it takes for the VA to send the dealer the payment because I had given the dealer a check for them to hold until they get the payment from the VA and I am a bit worried that the dealer will cash my personal check.

Any info on this is greatly appreciated. :)

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I recommend you give the dealer the VA toll free number, and go with the dealer to call the VA. They will likely give the dealer the run around, just like they do Veterans.

Maybe the dealer can use his money to pressure the VA into doing what they are supposed to do.

• HadIt.com Elder

If it were me I would go to the VARO and ask to talk to the person in charge of paying. How long has it been? Now only is the VA a deadbeat it makes us into deadbeats also

I just bought a wheelchair accessible van with the grant last month. The dealer I worked with has dealt with the VA grant several times in the past. According to them it usually takes 2 - 3 months for the grant to be paid. I'm willing to bet that this varies dependent on the regional office though.

Having been thru this in 2007... you have to send in the form you got with your approval letter to the va to have them stamp it, then you give the stamped form to the dealer... it took six months for me to get the form back stamped from the va when I first sent it in.....the dealer got his money in about a week..

It has been ten years since I used the grant but it took only three weeks for the dealer to get his money. Recently however, I purchased a new van and it took the va 2 1/2 months to reinburse me for my adaptive equipment ( which based on past experience is a long time).