VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Effective Date Of Award

Rate this question

*Bergie*

Question

I have a question my original claim for increase dated 2/16/08 was increased from 0% to 10% 4/08. I filed a NOD 12/08 if I get an increase from the 10% what will the effective date be?

Thank you,

Bergie

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Probably 4/08 but it looks like your increase to 10% shoulda been 3/08. With a claim for increase they "can" go back up to a year w/good medical evidence.

pr

I have a question my original claim for increase dated 2/16/08 was increased from 0% to 10% 4/08. I filed a NOD 12/08 if I get an increase from the 10% what will the effective date be?

Thank you,

Bergie

Probably 4/08 but it looks like your increase to 10% shoulda been 3/08. With a claim for increase they "can" go back up to a year w/good medical evidence.

pr

The 10% increase was back dated to 2/08 the effective date of the filing of the claim. Does that mean the DRO will back date to 2/08?

• HadIt.com Elder

Now you're confusing me. You said you filed a NOD, w/no mention of a DRO. If you appealed the 10%, within the one yr appeal period, and you win, they should go back to the 2/08 date.

pr

The 10% increase was back dated to 2/08 the effective date of the filing of the claim. Does that mean the DRO will back date to 2/08?

Now you're confusing me. You said you filed a NOD, w/no mention of a DRO. If you appealed the 10%, within the one yr appeal period, and you win, they should go back to the 2/08 date.

pr

LOL, I'm sorry Phillip I did not mean to confuse anyone, I wrote the question very early this morning and thought it was simple. But I see I may have left out some critical details.

Thank you for answering my question, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Bergie