VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C&p Exam

Rate this question

pigdriver

Question

Well this old Marine Vietnam combat veteran had the C&P today for PTSD, Dr. seemed pleasent, only asked about one stressor incident the normal "what happened". Asked about enemy combatants whether mostly VC or NVA, how they were dressed and what type of weapons they used, told him VC dressed in black pajamas and carried either an SKS or AK47 or whatever they had available. He talked to my wife about the nightmares and the other problems like always vigilant, jumpy, grumpy etc. Asked how long we have been married, told him since 2001 but wife knew me when I came back from Vietnam so he really started asking her about my mental then and now, she told him the only difference is the PTSD "ruined his life and he is older" but he still has the very same problems. He asked about work history, told him have had 10 different jobs in the last 5 years because I keep getting fired due to "challenging my superiors" Session only lasted 40 minutes, when it was over he shook my hand and stated "Thank you for your service to your Country". Guess we'll see where it goes from here!!

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for the support everyone. This site and all of you have really helped me get started with this process and gives me hope that all may turn out ok. Question. How do I get copy of both C&P exams??

Forgot to mention when the examiner asked me about one of the stressors I felt like my heart was coming out of my chest, I was shaking and became very emotional, told him June is not a good month for me as I lost several good friends and Marines in June of 66, gave him all the names and the dates of the KIA I witnessed. Again everyone, thank you so very much for your support and information.

GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

You can request it by mail or you can pick up a copy from release of information office at the RO or the VA medical center it was completed at.

• HadIt.com Elder

Go to the Medical Records dept. at the VA Medical Center where the exam(s) were conducted.

Tell them what you want, hand them your VAMC ID card, tell 'em what dates are involved, sign the little form that they will hand to you on a clipboard, stand there while the printer prints your request, watch the clerk put it in a manila envelope, take the manila envelope and RUN! B)