VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fibromyalgia

Rate this question

rmiller2094

Question

Does anybody out their know the process on how the VA detemines that you have Fibromyalgia and how the determine the amount?

Also do you have to go through another exam or do they take the civilian doctors reports and is their a required pain level you have to be in to qualify?

I have been diagnosted with Fibromyalgia, T6 through T8 disc compression (compressing on the spinal cord), Total right Knee Replacement with instability issues requiring me ware a brace almost constantly causing bilatteral knee pain with hip pain also , CPA Machine, 2 to 3 Migraines per month, Hypertension. If anybody can help me out on what the VA with comp me for on this it would help?

Thanks Robert

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Does anybody out their know the process on how the VA detemines that you have Fibromyalgia and how the determine the amount?

Also do you have to go through another exam or do they take the civilian doctors reports and is their a required pain level you have to be in to qualify?

I have been diagnosted with Fibromyalgia, T6 through T8 disc compression (compressing on the spinal cord), Total right Knee Replacement with instability issues requiring me ware a brace almost constantly causing bilatteral knee pain with hip pain also , CPA Machine, 2 to 3 Migraines per month, Hypertension. If anybody can help me out on what the VA with comp me for on this it would help?

Thanks Robert

Thanks Robert

There arethree different ratings for Fibromyalgia. A 10%,20%, and a 40% rating.

5025 Fibromyalgia (fibrositis, primary fibromyalgia syndrome)With widespread musculoskeletal pain and tender points, with or without associated fatigue, sleep disturbance, stiffness, paresthesias, headache, irritable bowel symptoms, depression, anxiety, or Raynaud's-like symptoms:That are constant, or nearly so, and refractory to therapy40That are episodic, with exacerbations often precipitated by environmental or emotional stress or by overexertion, but that are present more than one-third of the time20That require continuous medication for control10Note: Widespread pain means pain in both the left and right sides of the body, that is both above and below the waist, and that affects both the axial skeleton (i.e., cervical spine, anterior chest, thoracic spine, or low back) and the extremities.

There are 3 different percentage ratings for Fibromyalgia. I have it also and rated at the 20% level. There is a 10%, 20%, and a 40% rating. Here are all the paticulars:5025 Fibromyalgia (fibrositis, primary fibromyalgia syndrome)With widespread musculoskeletal pain and tender points, with or without associated fatigue, sleep disturbance, stiffness, paresthesias, headache, irritable bowel symptoms, depression, anxiety, or Raynaud's-like symptoms:That are constant, or nearly so, and refractory to therapy40That are episodic, with exacerbations often precipitated by environmental or emotional stress or by overexertion, but that are present more than one-third of the time20That require continuous medication for control10Note: Widespread pain means pain in both the left and right sides of the body, that is both above and below the waist, and that affects both the axial skeleton (i.e., cervical spine, anterior chest, thoracic spine, or low back) and the extremities.

Hope this helps you out. Good luck and take care!

There are 3 ratings for Fibromyalgia,10%,20%, and 40%. I am currently rated at the 20% rating. Here are the particulars from the CFR. 5025 Fibromyalgia (fibrositis, primary fibromyalgia syndrome)With widespread musculoskeletal pain and tender points, with or without associated fatigue, sleep disturbance, stiffness, paresthesias, headache, irritable bowel symptoms, depression, anxiety, or Raynaud's-like symptoms:That are constant, or nearly so, and refractory to therapy40That are episodic, with exacerbations often precipitated by environmental or emotional stress or by overexertion, but that are present more than one-third of the time20That require continuous medication for control10Note: Widespread pain means pain in both the left and right sides of the body, that is both above and below the waist, and that affects both the axial skeleton (i.e., cervical spine, anterior chest, thoracic spine, or low back) and the extremities.

Need to ask some questions

1. what medication do you take? Does it help?

2. what are your symptoms? fibromyalgia is a cluster of symptoms like IBS, migraines, muscular skeletal pain, numbness/tingling, depression/anxiety, sleep disturbance, tender points, fatigue.

3. In the last year have you been hospitalized?

4. Are you working? If not when was the last time you worked?

I was just awarded fibromyalgia and I just recently had exams for my spine, hypertension and migraines which I am trying to get service connected already service connected for depression, fatigue, IBS, sleep disturbance and fibromyalgia and a few others.

this will be a good start

Edited by pacmanx1