VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exam Soon.

Rate this question

vistagirl81

Question

Hello everyone, thank you all for the reply's to my other Q. I would like to know if anyone has any pointers for the exam my husband is having his tom? Another Q is my husband got hit by a aircraft a cpl yrs ago and now he has headaches and they told him that he did not get it from the hit in the head but he filed a claim "headachs due to head trauma: does it matter at all??Can they deny his claim? thanx

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hope the exam went ok, you probably know by now, properly prepared Medical opinions rule for disability claims. I hope that all goes well for you and the Mr.

Cg'up2009!

Hello everyone, thank you all for the reply's to my other Q. I would like to know if anyone has any pointers for the exam my husband is having his tom? Another Q is my husband got hit by a aircraft a cpl yrs ago and now he has headaches and they told him that he did not get it from the hit in the head but he filed a claim "headachs due to head trauma: does it matter at all??Can they deny his claim? thanx
Edited by cowgirl

• HadIt.com Elder

Good luck you never really know what the VA will do just have to wait and see now.

Oh you could get a opy of the C&P and have a heads up of sorts

I hope it went okay also, and we tried to get a copy but it was not ready so when it is they are going to send it to our house.His first exam was Psyc. he spent about 2 hrs in there, he said she kept asking him if he had any kind of trauma when he was younger or was depressed before the military.Then the next one was Gen. he was pretty nice he listened to all that my husband had to say for about a hr then ordered an Xray then said he would go by the Dr notes... I hope they go by his military records and not by his Primary Care Dr... that dr said his pain in his knee is all in his head and the military said he had runners knee so we will see.. thank you all:) He got out in Dec so i was a little suprised that he was getting a C&P exam.

vista,

Good luck with everything... Some advice that has help me a ton, go with your husband to the C&P's and go in with him.. ( the psyc c&p would not let my wife in, but that ended up working in my favor since I freaked out and had a massive anxiety attack in the hallway. every question she asked me, i ended up giving her a Dr. Seuss answer without ever addressing her question.. she gave up after 15 mins. 50 GAF.. thinking back she lowballed me.. I think it was because I am not violent or suicidial.. ).

But my wife can go through my problems and how they affect me and her, and she sounds sincere.. My wife went to all of my C&P's, except for my annual, and that is the C&P that went badly.

I filed for me knee twice.. years ago my private doc said I needed surgery.. now the VA says I don't.. and it is just minor wear... The VA opinion won out because my private doc's opinion was too old.. ( so my knee improved with age ).

If you lose, go get an outside opinion, but if I am correct, the most beneficial opinion should work for your husband, since he is just out of the military.

• HadIt.com Elder

My wife went with me to every C&P Hearing and I must say was a big help as she is much more negative than I am. She also let the examiners know that she was unimpressed with the Professionalism exhibited by VA. She can be quite intimidating.

But the truth is our spouses probably know more about the affects than we do.

I try to go into all his apt. because i know that most of the Dr's wont listen to him, and it hurts me when i see him frustrated and angry because he feels lost like no one wants to help him , I did not know that i was able to go into his Gen. C&P so thank you all i will be there for the next one.