VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Weight Of An Imo

Rate this question

CallieSquirrel

Question

I'm in a situation where over the years I have been evaluated by different doctors, some VA, some mine some contracted by the VA. Well, now I have this problem that I disagree with the date the VA said I became 100% disabled. So if I get an IMO, will the opinion have more weight in front of a board than old medical reports? Anybody got any clues?

Callie B)

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm in a situation where over the years I have been evaluated by different doctors, some VA, some mine some contracted by the VA. Well, now I have this problem that I disagree with the date the VA said I became 100% disabled. So if I get an IMO, will the opinion have more weight in front of a board than old medical reports? Anybody got any clues?

Callie rolleyes.gif

What were the qualifications of the doc, and did you have continuity of treatment from that date? Also, what was the time difference in the dates?

Did you formally disagree with the EED in the appellate time frame?

What reason did VA give for choosing the EED they gave you?

Medical opinions are weighed as to their medical rationale,which should cite specific reasons for the opinion=whether for increase or for a better EED.

Was the EED the actual filing date of the claim?

Also the expertise of the opiner carries great weight.

Does their medical background meet or go further -in the field of the disability-than the C & P examiner's background?

An IMO doctor should have not only all available medical records and SMRS in some cases, but it helped me to send an IMO doctor the actual C & P results from VA doctors as well as some SOCs.

An IMO doctor's opinion if favorable with full medical rationale and the expertise to opine should weigh the scales at least in balance, Relative Equipoise and then the claim should succeed.

The IMO criteria is here in the IMO forum.

PS -do you get SSA disability solely for the SC condition and does the SSA EED precede the VA EED?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use