VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Epidural Injections

Rate this topic

Has anyone here ever had epidural injections for cervical & lumbar pain? I am in desperate need of some help. Since my medications have been so messed up and I having problems taking anything without being sick, I think I need to try a new approach. Does the VA give the injections or have and outside provider give the injections. Guys I really need some suggestions on alternative treatments. Has anyone ever tried acupunture? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

David

I just had some epidural injections and it worked pretty good. The VA does these injections especially if you go through the pain management clinic. There is not much to them and you do not have to be knocked out. I go to a private clinic as there is less waiting and the result is the same. For cervical spine they may knock you out but for lower back you just get popped about then times in the facet joints usually.

And just think, we get to have those for childbirth --- lol.

Good luck with your pain and getting some relief for a while.

I don't know if you can use it or not but FYI - Torodol injections have helped

me in the past.

carlie

Has anyone here ever had epidural injections for cervical & lumbar pain? I am in desperate need of some help. Since my medications have been so messed up and I having problems taking anything without being sick, I think I need to try a new approach. Does the VA give the injections or have and outside provider give the injections. Guys I really need some suggestions on alternative treatments. Has anyone ever tried acupunture? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Yes, I have had acupunture and it helps, but my sister tried it and did not help, also it takes time with acupunture, maybe 10 treatments before you start getting better. Some people it works sooner and some not Also cuping (not sure how this is spelled) is done by these acupunture doctors also,it really helps to take the inflamation out, along with acupunture. It is not a fast treatment though, most people do not see results fast and stop going. Hope this helps you , It did alot for my daughter who had Fibromaliga, for 5years and was in constant pain, we tried everything for her with all the doctors and then we tried acupunture and it took almost a year but she is healed of that disease now, for almost 8 years. No more pain and she is doing fine, and no medicine. They say there is no cure for this disease, but she is healed. hope this helps.Mary& Greg