VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Finished In Less Than 8 Months

Rate this question

reTIRED

Question

:unsure: They received it in Oct 08, and finished in May. This was my third filling in 12 years. Should have been more aggressive a long time ago. Went from 20 to 80%. The only thing I have a beef with, is the 10% they gave for sciatica. I've had fusion, 5 injections,

lots of meds, and a spinal cord stimulator. If the rating goes up one step to moderate, it will take me to 90%. The kicker is they rated the other leg at 10% and it only has a slight amount of numbness & tingling. It's hard to figure out how these guys think.

It looks l was Lucky in the time they processed my claim. Hope others will get-em soon. The rep that sent in my claim never notified me, and its been 3 weeks. I have learned much here and will file my own appeal. Has anyone been granted IU by asking for it

on appeal? I'm rated 70% mental & I did not request IU on my claim.

Thanks

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

In most cases if you don't ask for it they do not infer eligibility for it, even though I think somewhere it says they are supposed to, I would ask for the IU if you are not working and if your doctor has made statements to the effect that you are not employable or not capable of working due to your symptoms.....

It is like you said you should have been more agressive. now is the time to get agressive.congradulations on your claim. dont quit now. I also have a claim in for IU.

JMHO

I think you should look through your VA medical records. If you told your doc you were unemployed, and he documented that in your file, I would apply for IU, in order to maximize your retro with something like this:

I am submitting my formal claim for IU (attach IU application form). I first applied for IU with an informal claim at VA Dr. _________ office, on an 8-11-02 medical examination. Please expidite my claim.

Then sign your name.