Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery”instead of ‘I have a question.
Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.
Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.
Post straightforward questions and then post background information.
Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?
Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?
This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”
Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:
You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons …Continue reading
They received it in Oct 08, and finished in May. This was my third filling in 12 years. Should have been more aggressive a long time ago. Went from 20 to 80%. The only thing I have a beef with, is the 10% they gave for sciatica. I've had fusion, 5 injections,
lots of meds, and a spinal cord stimulator. If the rating goes up one step to moderate, it will take me to 90%. The kicker is they rated the other leg at 10% and it only has a slight amount of numbness & tingling. It's hard to figure out how these guys think.
It looks l was Lucky in the time they processed my claim. Hope others will get-em soon. The rep that sent in my claim never notified me, and its been 3 weeks. I have learned much here and will file my own appeal. Has anyone been granted IU by asking for it
on appeal? I'm rated 70% mental & I did not request IU on my claim.
Link to comment
Share on other sites
Top Posters For This Question
Top Posters For This Question
Testvet 1 post
Pete53 1 post
reTIRED 1 post
navydoc2 1 post
Jun 19 2009
Jun 20 2009
6 answers to this question
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.