VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Kind Of Advice Do You Get When Suicidal?

Rate this topic

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VA center is good for me also, he is concerned about my health and well being.

My opinion of the Mental Clinic, is take our time, everyone has a problem, have some meds, come back in two weeks. Today I told her they were not doing any good, and she give different ones, and tells me I need more sleeep.

• HadIt.com Elder

Suicide Is Not An Option For You, purple...You have young impressionable children, and friends that care about you very much. You have more friends and supporters here on Hadit than you are aware of. If you committed suicide, I assure you, your kids would have to live with that fact for the rest of their lives. It could lead them down a path to that same end themselves. As you know, thinkers of suicide, discount or disregard the collateral damage caused by their desperate act. IMHO,...Professional help, outside the VA, is needed ASAP.

The sun will rise tomorrow...

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

I believe I have found a good therapist at the Vet Center...she truly cares and knows what she is doing. I told her how much it helps me to be able to e-mail when things are really going bad for me, so she gave me her e-mail address and said "e-mail away!". My last VA therapist refused to let me e-mail her.

My new therapist also isn't afraid to openly talk about my suicidal thoughts and feelings with me; which helps quite a bit.

• HadIt.com Elder

Purple:

I am glad and I think Vet Centers are great. They are Independent of VA mess also

• HadIt.com Elder
I believe I have found a good therapist at the Vet Center...she truly cares and knows what she is doing. I told her how much it helps me to be able to e-mail when things are really going bad for me, so she gave me her e-mail address and said "e-mail away!". My last VA therapist refused to let me e-mail her.

My new therapist also isn't afraid to openly talk about my suicidal thoughts and feelings with me; which helps quite a bit.

I am happy for you purple.... In the 1980's I helped open Vet Centers. Our motto was "Help with out Hassles". I visited Vet Centers in several states, and volunteered thousands of hours on the project. It was just suppose to be a temporary program. I helped lobby congress to expand the program and wrote some of the language in the legislation proposal from a national veterans organization. Your post makes me feel that I was not wasting my time. Best wishes for a great life. You deserve one