VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Remand For C & P Exams

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

OK, I was just awarded 100% P & T in march of 2009. I got A letter in the mail from VA stating they were sending me for C & P exams for Hypertension, Migraines and cervical spine injury which I filed for in 2004 denied in 2005 and sent in a NOD in 2005 and did not get the SOC until 2006 and I filed a form 9 in 2006. I had a hearing in 2008 but these three issues were lost but the BVA said they were never really processed and remanded them back to the local VA to process. I just had my C & P's today and to my surprise my whole file was there all seven volumes and it looked like the doctor reviewed them. I was/am thinking what the heck is going on. Instead of me explaining my daily symptoms, he asked me how would I rate them, you know none, mild, moderate or severe. I told him it was hard because it depends on so many things like, how I slept, did I have to do chores, did I take my meds. in time but he just asked me to do my best. You know with HBP you can still function really well, but with my migraines and my back pain is a different story. He was talking to me like they were already SC and he said that he understood that HBP could cause my migraines. I can't wait until I get a copy of this report to find out what he really typed in for the answers. Really don't know if it's good or bad. The Last C & P doctor told me that he could not determine an out come but wrote in the C & P exams that he did not "think" they could be service related. migraines and hypertension are secondary but the spine was injured in service and I keep aggravating it. But we will see we will see

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

When he asked you to tell him what YOU thought they should be considered as (mild, medium, or well done........ooops, sorry, I'm grillin a couple T-bones) I certainly hope that you told him how you were ON YOUR WORST DAYS........so many go into these C&P exams trying to "make nice" and when asked "Well, Billy, how you doin' today", what's the first thing out of EVERYBODY'S mouth..........FINE! It's only human nature, when asked how're you doing, to answer in the positive.

YOU AIN'T DOING "FINE"!

IF YOU WAS DOING "FINE", YOU'D BE SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Tell 'em you hurt, tell 'em you're tired, tell 'em you haven't worked since 2006, tell you can't sleep (at night or in the daytime)............tell 'em THE TRUTH.

Othewise you'll BE BACK!

(this is info for folks that are GOING for a C&P, and info for you, should you ever have another C&P)

Now, get you a copy of this C&P. Go to the medical records department, tell 'em you want a copy of your C&P (give the doc a few days to get it into the system), tell 'em what day the C&P was performed, sign the one page form, and they'll pring it out whilst you wait.

Read it, and let us know how you stand.

hey Larry, I was born at night but not last night. I told him that my conditions over lap and it is hard to say. I take HBP pills that helps with my BP but I still get migraine which my BP could cause so, on average my BP is no problem but if I get a migraine I can't say if it is because of my BP which I am trying to get SC or my already sc fibromyalgia or my already SC sleep disorder. They can all cause migraines. I told him my rating for that could be none to moderate but my rating for my migraines and my spine could be moderate to severe. Some days a lot of days I don't even go out and some days I can't go out. But I was told that same thing years ago. When a C & P doctor ask you how do you feel always explain you worst day. I already filled out the ROI form and told the clerk that it was not completed so they can just mail it to me. They have been pretty good with doing that so I am OK with that. I will wait about a week and call them to see if they have mailed it. They Know me by my first name and they know if they don't mail it out I will call them or go in and get a copy of it. I haven't worked since 2002 that s why this is so special :unsure: When anybody ask me how am I doing I always say I hanging in there, I never say I am fine because I know I am not.

Edited by pacmanx1

• HadIt.com Elder

The most important one is the HTN. Get it connected as it is like Diabetes. If you develop any heart related problems, Vascular problems, it is easier to secondarily connect them to the HTN.

I think this was a good exam. let us know th e results when you get your copy.

J

There are many that do respond "i'm fine" but it doesn't mean they were just born last night. Like Larry said it's human nature to answer that way. That's why they ask that question before the examination because they know it can be used against the Vet.

Jay

hey Larry, I was born at night but not last night. I told him that my conditions over lap and it is hard to say. I take HBP pills that helps with my BP but I still get migraine which my BP could cause so, on average my BP is no problem but if I get a migraine I can't say if it is because of my BP which I am trying to get SC or my already sc fibromyalgia or my already SC sleep disorder. They can all cause migraines. I told him my rating for that could be none to moderate but my rating for my migraines and my spine could be moderate to severe. Some days a lot of days I don't even go out and some days I can't go out. But I was told that same thing years ago. When a C & P doctor ask you how do you feel always explain you worst day. I already filled out the ROI form and told the clerk that it was not completed so they can just mail it to me. They have been pretty good with doing that so I am OK with that. I will wait about a week and call them to see if they have mailed it. They Know me by my first name and they know if they don't mail it out I will call them or go in and get a copy of it. I haven't worked since 2002 that s why this is so special :unsure: When anybody ask me how am I doing I always say I hanging in there, I never say I am fine because I know I am not.

J, of course my doctors tell me I am over weight and border line diabetic so the HTN claim is something I have to continue until they award me SC. The doctor also did a EKG yesterday and asked did I have symptoms with my HTN and the last six months I have been to the ER with chest pains, rapid heart rate, migraines and dizziness at least twice. Thinking about my dependent if it is time for me to pack my bags and leave that she will be taken care of if it's SC.