New Disabled Vet

rikkor

hello forum Army vet. currently in miami ..became disabled @17 while on active duty peacetime(post nam) stateside,suffered serious injury ie. struck by lawn mower from rear by other soldier. I spent, 16 months in hosp. and was ret @19 medical ret, main question is .. does a Prima Facia case ie (the facts speak for them selves)exist for PTSD,..if the serious injury(Traumactic laceration of achilles tendon and nerves right leg/ foot.(practically severed my leg)Army used left leg to repair right..never been right Chronic pain. mental problems. flashbacks substance abuse etc due to same Been unemployed since..condition worsening..never been rated properly..after 31 yrs fighting my claim still @60% need help n e advise plz.thks Rikkor

Edited by rikkor

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

What claoms do you have on going?

You meet the requirements with a 60 to apply for Individual unemployability. The PTSD shouyld also be looked into as traumatic injuries are definate PTSD triggers.

You also should consider SSDi if you cant work. You need a Doctor to put it all together for you with the entire record.

You also need to get all VA copies of your treatment and ECT.

Good Luck

J

filed a unemployablity claim in 2006 denied....had 60 % before filing also included was the claim for ptsd denied.... had a 60 % rated before i filed reduced 10% for sumthing i had for over 15 yrs va claimed error in a 40 % rating for leg .any how gave me service connection for (3) heniated disk 10% so award was the same 60% i thought a 70% disability rating was necessary to file for unemployability? as described by army Dr's when incident occured ie. Traumatic lacetion of achilles tendon and nerves r/ leg claw foot deformity when struck by a lawn mower from rear by another active duty soldier....hence i was 17@ the time delayed entry program. Dad had to fly to Missouri as I was not of age to decide..to operate etc? according to army? i believe the chronic pain is secondary to the injury? also substance abuse is secondary to injury and chronic pain? PTSD direct result of injury? herniated disks secondary to injury(caused by unbalanced ambulation) Plz advise where do i go from here... have been in phsy wards all over the US for suicidal tendencies currently seeing VA in miami behavioral clinic for meds. and emergency doc stated PTSD? how do i obtain Stressor letter cooboration?

Edited by rikkor