VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Comp-psy Appointment

Rate this question

WHOLESALE

Question

I got my Comp&Pen appointment notice in the mail today. My appointment is June 29th for increase for Bipolar. I'm currently at 50%.

The notice states

"Due to the limited time given to complete your claim, we are requesting that you keep the above appointment."

Is this just normal VA verbage or are they actually in a time limit to complete my claim?

Jay

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

they are basically saying if YOU miss the appt it will really really really delay the processing of your claim and it will be YOUR fault they like guilt trips

I see one of two things that this means. (1) The rater has been given a time limit in which to complete your claim so they can mark your claim as completed within some time limit they were given. (2) The C&P schedule is so backed up, if you decided to reschedule the C&P appointment, it would be some time before you could get in again and therefore it would delay the rating of your claim in perportion to how long you would have to wait for a new appointment.

If you can in no way make this appointment, I would urge you to find a way to make it. With the present climate for raters to clear claims quicker, It would be in your best interest to not reschedule for another date.

Rockhound Rider :unsure:

Thanks Rockhound and Testvet. Your advice would more thourough than others regarding my question and you added explanation which is helpful.

Thanks, Jay

Just normal VAola - VA has no time linit on them.

carlie

Carla, i talked to my DAV rep today and he said they have a mid July completion on my claim.

Just thought you might want to hear this since you stated they have no time limit.

Jay

carlie

I already sent this post once and somehow and it didn't post for some reason.

I found out today there is a time limit for adjudication of my claim. Sometime in July it's supposed to be rated and finalized.

Jay

carlie