VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is It Me Or Does Most People Get Burnt Out Helping?

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I haven't really showed my azz on this board or if I have it has been a really long time since I did I forgot, but I probably did a few years ago, I have had a stroke so I gorget a lot of stuff easily, I don't have to buy new books because my favorite writes W.E.B Griffin, Clive Clussler etc six months after I read the book or series of books I can go back and pick them up and read them again and it's like the first time all over again (saves money on books rofl)

But I know I have memory issues, I have to write a diray basically to remember when and who I saw on what dates and what the conversation was if I need to have a back up memory. I am not like that retired Senator that write down everything all day long everyday down to what pair of socks he wore and what color the suit was.

But I find myself getting pizzed at peep when they ask a question and then get smart towards me with the reply they want answers like we have crystal balls and of course none of us do, no one can "predict when a VARO will do anything" but they leave out a lot of important stuff like their claim they are waiting on they seem to think a claim with 10 or 15 problems should be worked in the same time as a claim with one issue, and what difference should that make, excuse me? Is it me or am I the stupid one?

I get tired of even trying to respond anymore they don't want to hear any type of the fact that they may be causing the problems (writing IRIS every week does not help speed the VA up) or they tell you they haven't called their VSO but down thread they admit they have been calling their VSO but they don't tell them anything, thats nothing new, in 7 years I have never had a SO be able to tell me anything other than I should play lets make a deal or I should drop my claim and be grateful for what I already have, and that I am just being greedy because I expected I a higher PTSD rating than 50% and didn't I know most vets would love to be rated at 50% and that by my filing a NOD for more I was depriving another veteran from getting their claim handled, BS, SO's in my opinion are lazy and would prefer that no one ever calls them and expect action. They close their offices 2 days a week to play catch up and 6 months later they still haven;t filed appeals WTF and they claim they are overworked, they need to try and start working in most cases.

Maybe I should just walk away from the boards and stop trying to help, I don't mind answering questions for new people but I really hate ignorant lying people....am I the only one that gets this way?

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I feel the same, people come here with questions about their claims but and in a few days are now experts on all claims and the info they give to people is not right they take snipits of other post they have read and present it as there own. No grattude or respect for those who came before them.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mike - Thanks for clarifying(see what happens when one assumes) and sorry but I'll never get over WJC, whether it be VN or the cigar issue. I partially blame him for today's youth's attitude, towards oral sex. Sex is sex but he's a lwayer and you know what that entails. Maybe I only wish he'd been around in the '50s!!! Then maybe I wouldn't have been a 21 yo virgin, extremely thankful, to a Japanese "lady," in 1966, for her favours!!! rofl Still love ya and next time lunch is on you, since you finally got your "well deserved" big win!!! Sorry if the elders edit this but I don't regret Tokyo, at all!!!

yea that assume word we all know the break down of it rofl most of the time it's me

my growing up period was Korea 75/76 you should not send young males off to strange lands with money in their pockets and young women looking to take advantage of them I read somewhere that the military has now made this illegal in Korea I wonder how they enforce that law?

Yea I agree I can't even look at a cigar the same way anymore rofl but our utes were rotten before the definition of "it" was famous between MTV and rap it has been downhill ever since our parents told us rock and roll was the devils work and radios were the size of a refrigerator

bottom line is Flip we are just getting OLD and there ain't no stopping it

• HadIt.com Elder

I have been reading Howard Zinn. He flew bomber missions in WWII but rebelled against all he had learned and became a civil rights activists when he was a college professor. He got fired, but fought on anyway. He wrote "The People's History of the United States". I learned 1% of the people own 30-40% of the nation's assests. The rest of us guard it for them.

• HadIt.com Elder

Test:

For your first question I try to help if I can. I usually ask the Vet to post on the Board cause their questions help Veterans who lurk and don't post. Sometimes I get tired and I despise the posers and people who like to cause trouble on the Board.

So my approach is to try to help and rely on the good people who can share experience and information.

As far as the opinions expressed about our ex President I am going to leave everything intact as in this case it is based on the context of your question. I will add this caveat though. Tbird who founded Hadit and babied it to become the best Board to help Veterans with their claims does not want political posts, Another Moderator may or may not edit or remove but we are all adults and know that in the Veteran Community their are views not shared by all. Also WJC is an ex President if it was about Obama I would probably unapprove the Post.

I also reread old books. I enjoy W E B Griffith immensely especially his books about Officers in US Air Cav during Nam.I like to read books that are made into movies before I see the movie.Mysteries, Detective and Sci Fiction including Jim Butchers series about a Warlock in Chicago. I buy books used and I keep all books I ever owned except most of the text books I had in College.

My suggestion is that if you don't feel like helping someone who asks be honest and suggest that they use the Board or ask someone else. The designations of how long Members have been here and their status are pretty good indicators for the most part.

If you look into why you keep coming back I know for me I enjoy nothing more than to see a Veteran I encouraged or helped even a little win their claim.

I had to do mine basically on my own although Alex Humpfries and James Smith helped me a lot in the bleak years I struggled with the VA.Gwen told me about Hadit shortly after Tbird started it and I have been here ever since.

So if you don't feel up to helping take a break and I always enjoy your posts and Flips also even when he chews on my ass.

Good Luck

My Favorite Book is the Godfather

• HadIt.com Elder

they can edit out objectionable material I was not trying to step on anyones toes just clarifying the book that was being signed

• HadIt.com Elder

I sure hope that I'm not one of those pain-in-the-azz newbies.

I know that I am pretty irrelevant and irreverant at times.

Speaking of books, I've found an author who's books are pretty good, Robert B. Parker. At least they are fairly easy to read.

I read a lot, A LOT! And, I did keep all that I have read, until I started wondering what was in all those boxes of books. Know what I did?

I took 'em down to the the VA Medical Center in Dallas and in Bonham, TX, and made a "donation" of tons of WEBGriffin, etc.

I hope the guys/gals enjoy them as much as I have.