VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is It Me Or Does Most People Get Burnt Out Helping?

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I haven't really showed my azz on this board or if I have it has been a really long time since I did I forgot, but I probably did a few years ago, I have had a stroke so I gorget a lot of stuff easily, I don't have to buy new books because my favorite writes W.E.B Griffin, Clive Clussler etc six months after I read the book or series of books I can go back and pick them up and read them again and it's like the first time all over again (saves money on books rofl)

But I know I have memory issues, I have to write a diray basically to remember when and who I saw on what dates and what the conversation was if I need to have a back up memory. I am not like that retired Senator that write down everything all day long everyday down to what pair of socks he wore and what color the suit was.

But I find myself getting pizzed at peep when they ask a question and then get smart towards me with the reply they want answers like we have crystal balls and of course none of us do, no one can "predict when a VARO will do anything" but they leave out a lot of important stuff like their claim they are waiting on they seem to think a claim with 10 or 15 problems should be worked in the same time as a claim with one issue, and what difference should that make, excuse me? Is it me or am I the stupid one?

I get tired of even trying to respond anymore they don't want to hear any type of the fact that they may be causing the problems (writing IRIS every week does not help speed the VA up) or they tell you they haven't called their VSO but down thread they admit they have been calling their VSO but they don't tell them anything, thats nothing new, in 7 years I have never had a SO be able to tell me anything other than I should play lets make a deal or I should drop my claim and be grateful for what I already have, and that I am just being greedy because I expected I a higher PTSD rating than 50% and didn't I know most vets would love to be rated at 50% and that by my filing a NOD for more I was depriving another veteran from getting their claim handled, BS, SO's in my opinion are lazy and would prefer that no one ever calls them and expect action. They close their offices 2 days a week to play catch up and 6 months later they still haven;t filed appeals WTF and they claim they are overworked, they need to try and start working in most cases.

Maybe I should just walk away from the boards and stop trying to help, I don't mind answering questions for new people but I really hate ignorant lying people....am I the only one that gets this way?

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

No it doesn't mean that the problems are even at this site this is not the only place we run into questioning veterans, local VAMC's, other web sites etc, heck even the cats are my nerves at times it might just be me maybe my meds need adjusting again wouldn't be the first time

• HadIt.com Elder

Just another reason for nerves could be the weather. I kid you not. When it is grey and wet or cold and snowy (thank goodness that's over here), it can affect you. Maybe too housebound or bored.

By the way, I am an avid bookaholic myself. Read 1 to 2 books a day and would rather read than watch tv. I occasionally sort and have eliminated a lot but still have over 6000 in my bookroom.

Right now I'm reading David Drake's RCN series over (for the umpteenth time. lol)

fanaticbooks

• HadIt.com Elder

It's good to see you post again Testvet.

I tried to help a friend of the family get SC Pension recently.

I gave him the information & forms to print off the internet for his records, since he didn't have any.

He lost all of that several times.

I than printed it out myself & handed it over to him. He lost that also. He started calling me two or three times a week wanting to know how long it could take before he gets any money.

Evey time I would ask if he has even sent the form in for a copy of his DD214 to prove he's a veteran. The answer would "always" be no.

Than I asked if he had "anything" happen to him while he served in Vietnam or his service. The Answer was no, but he was going to make something up.

That did it for me. He called & called whenever he got drunk & asked how he could cheat the system. My answer was did you bother to send off for a DD-214?

The answer was always no.

I don't believe he's a veteran let alone a Vietnam vet. Just another trying to cheat the system.

It burns you out just to get one of these so called vets, that won't bother to take the time to even sign their name to what you type up & print out.

I don't do it because I need the practice or stress fighting the DVA.

Edited by allan

• HadIt.com Elder
It's good to see you post again Testvet.

I tried to help a friend of the family get SC Pension recently.

I gave him the information & forms to print off the internet for his records, since he didn't have any.

He lost all of that several times.

I than printed it out myself & handed it over to him. He lost that also. He started calling me two or three times a week wanting to know how long it could take before he gets any money.

Evey time I would ask if he has even sent the form in for a copy of his DD214 to prove he's a veteran. The answer would "always" be no.

Than I asked if he had "anything" happen to him while he served in Vietnam or his service. The Answer was no, but he was going to make something up.

That did it for me. He called & called whenever he got drunk & asked how he could cheat the system. My answer was did you bother to send off for a DD-214?

The answer was always no.

I don't believe he's a veteran let alone a Vietnam vet. Just another trying to cheat the system.

It burns you out just to get one of these so called vets, that won't bother to take the time to even sign their name to what you type up & print out.

I don't do it because I need the practice or stress fighting the DVA.

Allan, why don't you just tell him to give you his "serial number" and you will send off for his DD214 for him.

EVERYBODY remembers their serial number (heck, I remember my M14's serial number!). Of course, I can't remember my telephone number that I now have!

I have hit my cut off point with taking on

anyone else to help....

at least for a while.

Many people want your help but they can't be bothered to do

a damned thing for themselves.

Without pr teaching me so much,I don't know where I'd be.

carlie

You have to also remember Questions similar in nature can be answered in different ways with different opinions. I would agree though that standard questions that are based on facts should be researched first.

Is it laziness? I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. Many on here suffer from Attention Deficit Disorder and Concentration problems. Researching and even just something simple as reading a book would be hard for some on here since they might suffer from depression or other mental disorder.

Jay