VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First Offer For Cavc Case. Should I Take It?

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

In less that a week after sending in the form, i've recieved an offer to handle my claim at CAVA from Virginia A. Girard-Brady, Attorney at law in Lawrence, Kansas.

I've recieved no others so far & wonder if anyone knows of her work & if I should contact others on my own to see if I can get someone like Ken Carpentor.

We've lost Alex. He would have been my first choice had he lived longer. Lane Evans was another, but I don't think he's in practice anymore.

I'm a little over 30 days into the 120 day appeal limit to the CAVC.

Edited by allan

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Allan - Alex told me, and I think it was posted here, that if "he" needed someone "he" would use Robert Chisholm, out of RI. I used him and he got it remanded. Costs were paid by EAJA and it took about 3 yrs. There is no rush to decide as you will be getting at least a dozen more offering their services. jmo

pr

In less that a week after sending in the form, i've recieved an offer to handle my claim at CAVA from Virginia A. Girard-Brady, Attorney at law in Lawrence, Kansas.

I've recieved no others so far & wonder if anyone knows of her work & if I should contact others on my own to see if I can get someone like Ken Carpentor.

We've lost Alex. He would have been my first choice had he lived longer. Lane Evans was another, but I don't think he's in practice anymore.

I'm a little over 30 days into the 120 day appeal limit to the CAVC.

I must have received about 40 offers to represent me why back when my case went to the COVA. It is hard to say who is or is not good. In the end I got a probono lawyer throught the veterans Consortium, and I won my case by way of settlement.

http://www.vetsprobono.org/

Edited by Teac

How exactly does the Cvac settle a claim? Reason being I had one that took about 7 years from the date of filling it until it just got finnished with the Pro Bono Lawyers group represnting me also. I was just curious...