VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Try A Chiropractor

Rate this topic

I'm not a doc...just stating what has worked for me and my family and sharing.

I fully believe (and know) that chiropractors are great at helping. I was in an auto accident last fall and had a neck injury. I was treated by a chiropractor and it was wonderful!

My son is treated by the same chiropractor for back and shoulder (his pitching shoulder) pain. Great results.

My nephew had back surgery for buldging discs....it didn't help; so he began seeing a chiropractor....he's back to playing golf.

His dad....same thing.

My sister and mom both have bad backs as well and see a chiro-doc regularly...helps them tremendously.

I only tell everyone this to show that they do work. Some VAMCs now have them on staff. If yours does....check it out. If not...ask your PCP for a referral if nothing else is helping. It can't hurt.

Just my 2 cents worth and personal experience.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe that there are instances where ALL medically-trained professionals can be of assistance, be they Chiropractor, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Medical Doctors, Podiatrist, Physicians Assistant, Holistic Practitioner, Accupuncturist, Massage Therapist. Any, or all of them, at one time or another, can do great good.

One of the best heart surgeons in the world is a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.). He can also grab hold of me, turn my left arm up over my shoulder and twist my upper body and relieve some of my pain, better than codeine. Hurts like heck for a few seconds, then I don't have as great a need for my drugs, for a couple of weeks.

It's all relative, It's all relative.

I would be careful about hiring a chiropractor and I guess it all depends on what they are hired for. After, my stroke (2 years ago) I learned a chiropractor can cause a stroke.

www.sciencebasedmedicine.org

stroke.about.com

www.attorneysfortheinjured.com

And of course there are sites that say no to this theory or studies.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well for those who feel chiropractors help they are usually going on personal experience and I trust that more than articles. My wife went to one for a couple of years and than quit going. I think that for some the manipulations can hurt but she won't really say why and I leave it alone.

My Brother is a Masseuse and when he works on me I have to tell him he is hurting and he backs down.So I guess for it to work you have to have good communication.

I neither endorse or oppose alternative forms of Medicine.

Hello,and hello again Purple. I am new here, But this is something I do know alot about. And may help someone reading this. I am a person who's life was actually saved by a chiropracter. I mean literally saved. What happened was I suffered a severe head, neck and skull injury that almost killed me. It was a bizaare accident to the head, but anyway I went thru the usual battery of medical tests, scans, mri's tests. After two years, so sick I could not walk, stand or drive, see or hear. luckily I ended up at a chirpractor. In one minute flat he felt with his hands what was wrong. I had a dislocated head, skull, neck and jaw, that the medical community missed with all the fancy tests. Now I have one more thing to mention to any Vet who has had a head trauma of any kind . Please get your head and especially your neck checked by a chiropracter. They look for different things. Head and neck injuries are very serious. It can cause anything to happen for symptoms. Anyone here that has suffered a head trauma, there is a high likelyhood you may have suffered a neck injury as well, and I have witnessed all kinds of great results hanging out at the chiro's all the time. From headache relief, to people who have hip problems, shoulders, knees. You name it. I've seen it. Look for one with experience. They do go thru 8 years of medical training, are great with bones and nerve issues and neurological problems as well as pain. You just have to try it, and see how it goes. There is a site on the internet where experienced chiros answer questions for free. If anyone wants to go there and ask them your questions. just email me, and i'll give you the link.

[quote

I'm not a doc...just stating what has worked for me and my family and sharing.

I fully believe (and know) that chiropractors are great at helping. I was in an auto accident last fall and had a neck injury. I was treated by a chiropractor and it was wonderful!

My son is treated by the same chiropractor for back and shoulder (his pitching shoulder) pain. Great results.

My nephew had back surgery for buldging discs....it didn't help; so he began seeing a chiropractor....he's back to playing golf.

His dad....same thing.

My sister and mom both have bad backs as well and see a chiro-doc regularly...helps them tremendously.

I only tell everyone this to show that they do work. Some VAMCs now have them on staff. If yours does....check it out. If not...ask your PCP for a referral if nothing else is helping. It can't hurt.

Just my 2 cents worth and personal experience.

You and also get an IMO and nexus letter from a Chiropractor. They are very good for writing them for issues dealing with bones!