VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Digest

Rate this question

billy2

Question

I have several items that I need help with.

Has anyone had any contact with a web site called the Disability Digest ? I was on the site and entered my cell number and I was contacted by a rep from this site. I told him that I was rated at 50% in Dec for Agent Orange/ diabetes this year and he said I should ask for an increase. I told him that I was not insulin dependant and I felt that 50 was good. Right after I received my first check I went into the hospital and had a stint put in because of a 90% blockage. I now have coronary artery disease and hypertension. I filed a claim in Jan 09 saying that coronary artery disease and hypertension were secondary to my diabetes II. This claim was denied in April--fast work did even read the file?

All medical information about dmII state that there is a link between this dmII and heart disease. My old bosses at the Post Office must have read my file.

Bill

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

maybe you could give a little more info and someone could help

Pete,

This fellow from Disability Digest stated that his group would help me increase my 50% rating for AO related complications. I was just wondering if this group is legit or is it some sort of scam trying to screw the Vets.

• HadIt.com Elder

I really don't know about them but it states on their web page it is free. As long as there are no fees it does not hurt to check it out just be very careful.

There is a well known woman who advertises she can cure pani disorder or anxiety disorder. It costs a bundle to get her tape and books and I have not met a single person who has an anxiety disorder that was cured, at least not yet.

Pete,

This fellow from Disability Digest stated that his group would help me increase my 50% rating for AO related complications. I was just wondering if this group is legit or is it some sort of scam trying to screw the Vets.

Never heard of them, but the important question to ask is if they charge and then how much? Sounds as though you have a good handle on what your claim is about and what it takes to be compensated. If it is in your medical records and you can provide the paperwork and documentation to prove a link, then why would you need them? Have you put in an NOD or requested DRO review/hearing? What I am trying to say is, don't give up on yourself so quickly. You can win your claim by using hadit and putting the proper paperwork together. If there is a good VSO in the area, that might help, but there aren't many good ones out there. Good luck!

Never heard of them, but the important question to ask is if they charge and then how much? Sounds as though you have a good handle on what your claim is about and what it takes to be compensated. If it is in your medical records and you can provide the paperwork and documentation to prove a link, then why would you need them? Have you put in an NOD or requested DRO review/hearing? What I am trying to say is, don't give up on yourself so quickly. You can win your claim by using hadit and putting the proper paperwork together. If there is a good VSO in the area, that might help, but there aren't many good ones out there. Good luck!

mags1023,

This Wed. I am meeting with a DAV rep to review my claim that was denied on the nexus between AO, diabetes and my coronary disease. I will see what he says and take it from there. I am also filing a claim for PTSD. On June 1 I had an appointment at the VA and I transferred most of my meds over to the VA. I didn't see a doctor but I saw a nurse who was ok. The last several times I saw different doctors that are no longer at the VA. After my appointment with this nurse she wanted me to go upstairs and go to the PTSD section

or somewhere like that and talk to someone. I said I would go but I had another appointment that I had to keep. I must have made an impression on her, and I don't think it was a good one.

I was diagnosed with DMII in the late 1980's. Had a heart attack in 1998. I filed with the VA in July 2008 with a decision in December. Got 20% for DMII and 60% for CAD with another 40 for PN.

My VSO didn't want me to file for CAD. She said I would have to prove a nexus directly between AO and CAD. She was wrong. I didn't have any problems mainly because I have pages of medical records showing treatment for DMII for 10yrs before my heart attack. Do you think these VSO's get bad marks in their file when they assist a vet with a claim that fails?

When were you diagnosed with DMI? I think you need more medical evidence linking the two. There is also evidence out there linking pre-diabetes to heart disease. Damage is done before the DMII diagnosis is made. If your DMII diagnosis and stent were in the same year you may have a fight on your hands. Good luck.