VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anger Management

Rate this topic

I believe that this is something many of us deal with on a frequent basis.

Same tdoc gave me some "wonderful" (gag, choke, cough) advice about dealing with my extreme anger...........ready?.............she told me to just "not react".

Wow! Wish I'd known it was that easy all along!! O...M...G......

I told her about a couple of specific incidents where a parent on my son's baseball team was upset because my son was playing one of his positions (3rd)...a position her son had been called up from the Jr team to play and now he was in the outfield. She was right behind me saying very negative things about my son...and yup, she knows who I am!

Basically, my son is a senior.....her son is younger. My son can also hit better....(she was complaining about his place in the batting order as well).

I'm this close () to going off on her if she says one more thing. Yet tdocs grand and glorious advice is to "not react"...............obviously she doesn't have kids.

Anger. How do you deal with it??

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL--Yeah Purple I've heard that advice for years. Best thing I've found to relieve the anger is to pound the living crap outta the person bothering you, unfortunately this action has damaged severely whatever is left of my post military career in the civilian world and has also resulted in me getting strange looks when ever my wife of 41 years lets me outta the house :unsure:

On a serious note, and maybe this insight comes with age, I have learned to sometimes recognize the warning signs that I am about to lose it and I try just to get away from whatever is bothering me. Literally, I will turn around, walk away and go be by myself until I get myself under control. I still have a lot of anger, and I still get in trouble, but I am doing a little better.

God Bless you Purple and good luck. Hang in there buddy I think that it is awesome that you're going to your son's games. My kids are grown and turned out great. I think keeping them in sports was a key part of giving them a normal life. Sounds like your son is a pretty good ball player.

Cavtrooper088

Yes Purple, I to have problems with things like that but I think we all have them and some people just say don't respond but I can't do that. I have a nephew who gets on my nerves just by showing up at my house. Next time he shows up I won't say anything to him I will just call the police and ask them to please come by and remove him. Maybe then he will understand we don't have anything in common. I am learning anger managment. More than one way to handle a proplem.

• HadIt.com Elder

I use what I call "avoidance therapy" - I avoid situations that cause me anger. You could not go to the game. You could ignore the statements. You could move your seating. You could just figure the source and let it go. She's not making you angry, you are. The anger comes from within, just like depression. You are the one causing it. That's the best I can offer. I know it works for me. It's amazing how relaxing it can be to just let it go. I also just think to myself how lucky they are because I've allowed them to live another day. ;-) jmo

pr