VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anger Management

Rate this topic

She was right behind me saying very negative things about my son...and yup, she knows who I am!

she was complaining about his place in the batting order as well).

I'm this close () to going off on her if she says one more thing.

Anger. How do you deal with it??

purple,

I would have NO problem turning around to her - looking her directly in the eye'sand saying something like,

Hey lady - even the kids know that if they have a problem with how the game is getting played

to take it up with the coach. It's his job to make the best decision for the team as a whole.

And by the way - I'm sure all the parents out here are getting tired of you sitting around and bashing the kids. We come here to support the team - not to hear this garbage.

Something that simple will show your maturity and shut her trap, at least within your hearing distance. It will also probably make her a little paranoid about what the other parents

maybe saying about her.

jmho,

carlie

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only good thing is that this other boy and his parents are NOT going on the upcoming 3-day tournament in South Bend Indiana. It's this Fri-Sun. So I don't have to put up with her then. There is another parent of a younger boy who makes rude comments, but everyone thinks that he is an a$$.

Yes, as far as playing time/positions. The coaches have always said that it's up to the players to discuss that with the coaches. I mean, this is HS varsity baseball....these are young men...not little league anymore; time for "mommies and daddies" to step aside and let the coaches coach. It's obvious that some can't do that.

As far as me causing my own anger and depression....I disagree.

Our next game is Monday evening. Oh yippie-skippie.

• HadIt.com Elder

Rip her throat out with your teeth! It is messy and bloody, but effective. Are you bigger than her? I would not want you to get bashed unless you can really bite through main arteries in her neck. I suggest you watch the movie "Let the Right One In" to see how it is done even by a 12 year old.

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually I use something that I learned on Hadit. It does not work but I tell myself mentally to wait a minute before I say something or write something. You would be surprised to see how many posts I make and than when I read it I either edit or just don't post it.

Counting to 10 mentally also helps me and sometimes I will say the Serenity Prayer to myself.

It has made me a better person although I am first to admit that when I am stressed I forget my tools at times.

I hope that you are able to get some of the stress out of your life as I think that is probably the most important thing to help anger issues. Most of the stuff we get ad at is really not that big a deal a few minutes later.