VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Imo

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

Just trying to get all my documentation together and decided to go ahead with an IMO for PTSD. Figured its better to be over documented than under :unsure: so, can anyone refer a dr in the mphs area for an IMO?

thanks!!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

CLW:

Call around to the Social Security Lawyers and ask them who they use. You can also call a few Doctors office and ask them if they can help and how much they charge. Someone here got insurance to pay for theirs.

My Doc had to retire he had an eye disease and could not see.

Ask your Therapist at VA if they will help you, It never hurts to ask.

If you are not working have you asked for TDIU? Do you get Social Security? Everything adds up.

Very true about the VA therapists and psychiatrists. Also ask the Chief of the Department to review your records and write one for you. Ask for everything at once, if that's what you want. IU & P&T....as long as you have the medical evidence to support it. That way you don't have to go back later and ask. (worked for me)

As Pete said---can't hurt to ask.

thanks!! i will ask my therapist this week when i go. havent even really considered iu & all that. guess it wouldnt hurt to try for it.

im gonna get on those calls tomorrow. i appreciate the help!!

My VA therapist did my IMO and got my original claim granted. I think the VA gives their own more weight than independent doctors that mainly do imo's. Your treating doctor already should know your history and your current situation so that helps considerably.

Jay

Just trying to get all my documentation together and decided to go ahead with an IMO for PTSD. Figured its better to be over documented than under :unsure: so, can anyone refer a dr in the mphs area for an IMO?

thanks!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use