VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Math

Rate this question

Cavtrooper088

Question

Hi gang,

I saw a reply in the forum a few days ago that suggested multiple low ratings (I'm guessing 10%) would actually hurt your chances of getting to 100% schedular. I've become painfully aware that the closer you get to 100% by slowly creeping up 10% at a time is pretty futile. Sometimes it even seems to go backwards :unsure: . However, I also think that the more disabilities that are identified the better off the veteran is in the long run. Am I wrong?

I am currently rated at 90%. 70% PTSD, 20% DM2, 10% neck, 10% back, 10% tinnitus, and 10% for each leg for Peripheral neuropathy. I think the last 10% rating raised my overall rating about two points. Although VA has written me a letter telling me I am eligable for IU, I really want to keep working as it fills a big part of my day and keeps my mind off dark thoughts. I'm afraid that anger management issues will eventually knock me outta employed ranks, but for now I'm hanging in there.

Cavtrooper088

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If I could have kept working I would have done it. I am 90% and IU. You don't live high on the hog on IU, so it is not like you can become a jet setter. Most of us who could work would have kept at it if we could because being disabled is no dream. I am 70%,60%, and five 10%'s. I will never to get to 100% schedular and now I don't care since there is no benefit for me. If you do go for IU be sure and go for SSD also and any disability pension your job might allow.

I also wanted to keep working. I'm 80% schedular, 100% IU P&T. 70% PTSD and a bunch of other 10%ers. But the final year of my civilian employment, I was spending more time in the hospital than at work. The docs finally said no more.

I miss my work.

I also wanted to keep working. I'm 80% schedular, 100% IU P&T. 70% PTSD and a bunch of other 10%ers. But the final year of my civilian employment, I was spending more time in the hospital than at work. The docs finally said no more.

I miss my work.

yea i understand what you guys are gooing through me and my vet freinds who is 50%,50%,50%,50% is still only 90% dude is in finaccial trouble..

• HadIt.com Elder

I plan to keep working as long as I can. It seems like the benefits of being at a job every day are often not factored in the whole equation until it's not there anymore. Of course that is assuming the situation is a good one, otherwise the disability is infinitely better than uncertainty.