New And Waiting For Sc Disabilty Reply From Va

Ironman

Hello Everyone,

What a wonderful site,Im going to be reading alot of useful information from everyone.

Ok down to my questions. On May 29 2009 I had my C+P exam for major depression.

According to the Phycologist Report I am Individually Unemployable.

Does this automatically make me eligible for 100% SC Disability?

Oh and I was in the hospital for a suicide attempt while in the Navy,so I think thats enough proof for SC,or am I way off base?

One more question and I promise I will not take up anymore of your time.

When should I expect to hear from VA out of Chicago IL?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi & Welcome,

I'll try to answer your questions...many others will chime in also. This is just my humble opinion

1. No, nothing with the VA is ever "automatic"

2. Sorry to hear about your hospitalization.....again, nothing is automatic.

3. The VA has no timeline. It's hurry up and wait. I'm sure you're familiar with that concept.

In your claim, you (and your docs) have to specifically ask for IU, P&T...the VA won't just infer that and grant it. Everything you think you are entitled to must be asked for and then backed up by lots of medical evidence.

• HadIt.com Elder

What Purp just said. And may I add to her comments, to the fact that if you are qualified for 100% TDIU (and, if it is for major depression, then it is considered to be Permanent & Total (P&T)), then you really need to send in the form (VA form # 21-8940) which is available via the VA's website, under the heading "forms", and fillable on-screen (two pages the first of which is all you have to fill out).

Do this, or they won't do that.

• HadIt.com Elder

Fill out the form and ask them to consider it with your file date. If you are looking at Major Depression its fairly simple. If it is PTSD if it was not diagnosed in service you have some work to do.

Welcome to Hadit