VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Was Told My Claim Is At The Rater?

Rate this question

hawkcrewchief

Question

I called the VA and they told me that my claim for PTSD and TBI was at the rater how much longer should I expect? I tried to search the website for this answer but couldnt find it. Thanks in advance

p.s. They also said that they noticed thay no VSO was representing me and how I can contact a VSO. Do I need to do this?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The DAV is representing me and they are normally located where your regional office is. There is no certain time limit to your claim being rated but you should feel good because you're at the home stretch. Mine took about 4 weeks from the time it was being rated.

Jay

I called the VA and they told me that my claim for PTSD and TBI was at the rater how much longer should I expect? I tried to search the website for this answer but couldnt find it. Thanks in advance

p.s. They also said that they noticed thay no VSO was representing me and how I can contact a VSO. Do I need to do this?

Shouldn't be long comrad. You're at the final stage of the game. Good luck on your claim and get a representative. I have DAV and they have represented me well.

Frank

• HadIt.com Elder

Hang in there my friend. You are close and there is probably no point in getting vso now, but that is your call. If you got that through iris, it does mean there is movement on the claim.

t&b

Hang in there my friend. You are close and there is probably no point in getting vso now, but that is your call. If you got that through iris, it does mean there is movement on the claim.

t&b

I talked to a live person. You know I have always heard of this IRIS thing, im sorry to sound naive but what is that? I have read you ask some VA website a question and it answers but Ive never found this hidden trasure.

If all the evidence is in should be no more than thirty days but as long as sixty days but I agree you are very close. If you get a vso now it could delay your claim if they want to review the evidence so be very careful