VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anger Managment/ You Got To Laugh

Rate this topic

Well here it oges I have been under this so claled goverment health care for so long and I am glad I get it do not get me wrong. I have a lot of things going on in my body none of them good. I called thsi week to speak to my Doctor about beign seen to increase my pain medicne. I am on morphine but it only works half the time at best. I had tried to get him to look at toher medicines for me but since I fit the profile young/male I figured he had to check me out to make sure I got my pain meds. I have a bad back hip tow kees that are all shot. I went to the Dorn VA clinic and had the MRI equiped Doctort who had the MRI installed on her hand so she felt of my back sent me home. Two weeks later I got an MRI at same hospital results my back is screwed up just like I said. Well today made the 4th week I have been traped in my bed or on the couch for my back. Cant sit up long or back will get locked up. I got a call from the nice nurse at the VA who realy is in the middle of this problem but my Doctor is on vacation again and no one will see me told to tkae tylenol. I had to cool off as I thought of other things I could do besides taking tylenol with morphine. I knwo why people snap after years of seeing the news I have been here before like many of you. I am thinkign about moving clinincs or should I just chunk the whole damn system. I am so frustrated. I got a mental health appoitment today he is going to earn his money. Hope to have any good ideas as I have been through this time and time again and it is not even worh braking a sweat about but this pathetic. Have a good day

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here it oges I have been under this so claled goverment health care for so long and I am glad I get it do not get me wrong. I have a lot of things going on in my body none of them good. I called thsi week to speak to my Doctor about beign seen to increase my pain medicne. I am on morphine but it only works half the time at best. I had tried to get him to look at toher medicines for me but since I fit the profile young/male I figured he had to check me out to make sure I got my pain meds. I have a bad back hip tow kees that are all shot. I went to the Dorn VA clinic and had the MRI equiped Doctort who had the MRI installed on her hand so she felt of my back sent me home. Two weeks later I got an MRI at same hospital results my back is screwed up just like I said. Well today made the 4th week I have been traped in my bed or on the couch for my back. Cant sit up long or back will get locked up. I got a call from the nice nurse at the VA who realy is in the middle of this problem but my Doctor is on vacation again and no one will see me told to tkae tylenol. I had to cool off as I thought of other things I could do besides taking tylenol with morphine. I knwo why people snap after years of seeing the news I have been here before like many of you. I am thinkign about moving clinincs or should I just chunk the whole damn system. I am so frustrated. I got a mental health appoitment today he is going to earn his money. Hope to have any good ideas as I have been through this time and time again and it is not even worh braking a sweat about but this pathetic. Have a good day

Oldman,

If your in that much pain I would suggest you go to Urgent Care/ER they don't go on vacation!!! I hope you get the help you need, because I also take morphine and live with pain and it is no fun.

Good luck,

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah, what Bergie just said!

Get into the ER and tell 'em that your pain is off the charts (tell 'em not to even try that "what is your pain, on a scale of 1 to 10". I've taken to asking them, "is that YOUR scale that we're talking about, or MY scale, because I've been living with this pain for FORTY YEARS and I guarantee you, my "10" is your "1000"!").

I've been trying to cut back on some of my meds...........ain't working out very good. Thinking "bad" things. Oh well.

Hope you get taken care of.

G-d bless.