VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Employer Letters

Rate this question

iraqx2

Question

I am awaiting a decision on my IU Claim from the VA. The actually VARO ( thru my VSO ) stated that they have not received any responses from my employers. However, on the VA's 800 # , they are stating that they have all the responses and is waiting for one more. Two separate calls gave the same answers and gave specific dates of each responses.I then told them that one employer has closed down.

First question, who the heck do you think is telling the truth?

Secondly, how important are the employer responses in granting my claim? I have a mental disorder and was not obviously bragging about it when I did work. I have gone thru 5 employers in 5 years. Some of these employers were not even aware of my condition. I am hoping they look at the medical evidence and the fact that I have not work since November. These letters are awkward.

Thoughts?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am awaiting a decision on my IU Claim from the VA. The actually VARO ( thru my VSO ) stated that they have not received any responses from my employers. However, on the VA's 800 # , they are stating that they have all the responses and is waiting for one more. Two separate calls gave the same answers and gave specific dates of each responses.I then told them that one employer has closed down.

ion, who the heck do you think is telling the truth?

Secondly, how important are the employer responses in granting my claim? I have a mental disorder and was not obviously bragging about it when I did work. I have gone thru 5 employers in 5 years. Some of these employers were not even aware of my condition. I am hoping they look at the medical evidence and the fact that I have not work since November. These letters are awkward.

Thoughts?

Hi Iraq. What 800# did you call. Maybe it will help me. Thanks, Ripcord

my descision included the fact that none of my employers responed to the Va, and I was scored a 40 on GAF ratings

and they still denied me....Is that wrong?

I sure hope they have them and apparently they do-did you tell the VSO what the 800# said?

Good move- if I dont like what one 800# operator says-I call back for a second opinion- at least you got confirmation from 800#- maybe you should attempt to get IRIS to confirm this- and ask for email response so you have hard copy proof.

I wouldn't worry about the employer responses.

Of course it can help greatly if say the claim is for PTSD and they say the employee was crazy blah blah blah(the VA actually did that for my husband)as well as a former employer said he created a hostile work environment.(He sued that employer under ADA and won)

Employers these days are afraid of the ADA if they say something negative about a disabled worke and even I would think- try not to respond to VA sometimes-

But it is the clinical medical record that really supports TDIU claims.

Many vets attempt to keep their disability problems away from employers and

as you mentioned sometimes they are unaware the employee is,in fact, disabled.

Have you applied for SSA disability yet?