VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Violated My Pain Management Agreement

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Still not a single word from them! I am suffering from a major flare up of sciatica that started yesterday, and I am having to take more darvocet instead of tapering off of them. I have a dental appointment at the VA this morning, and I'm going to see if they have possibly sent a letter out, which seems to be what she prefers. She must be scared to talk to vets on the phone. Either way, I will be calling this evening to make a appointment with her. I am also going to try to stop by records and get a copy of my pain agreement. I also want to get a copy of any flags that I may have in the system. I just have a funny feeling that I have been flagged for some reason.

Rental I can tell you that the problem you have is not unusual. What I need to know is how do we get some relief from these opressive Doctors? Me I suffer from Artheritis and IVDS and both knees. I had my Doctor out on vacation last week and since I am also under contract (Which I Hate) I go by their rules. My back has given me fits with spasm and a lot of extra pain. I had been in the bed for the most part of a week it was bad when my back goes out. I call in to speak to them on their phone lines and I am told since my Doctor was on vacation I should take some Tylenol. I was so mad. I have no recourse other than firing them for violation of the pain agreement? What should or who should I call? I am at the point of being a snowbird and taking off to another country this fall as the winter kicks my tail and the way valid SC bad back veterans are all under the evil eye. I hope it works out but to be honest it is just as bad on the outisde. I am serioulsy looking to move to the Phillippines this fall where my buddie lives he says that a lot of veterans are able to buy their meds a whole hell of a lot easier there in the Pharmacys there than it is to get proper treatment here. Any ideas or advice I look forward to hearing from anyone. Have a good day......

I am thinking about moving back the Philippines myself, last time we sent money over there the exchange rate was 48.26 PP/1 USD; my wife is Filipina, so she likes the ideal too. I have to admit it's not as comfortable taking public transportation, but everything has a trade off

AS long as you are near Metro Manila or Cebu you shouldn't have a problem, but research first...I had trouble getting Xanax, but that was in 1995...The P.I. didn't have it yet ( or so I was told).

I saw a pain clinic in the metro Manila area online searching.

I use a private pain clinic, and get my meds from the VA. At first I went years complaining of severe pain and was given 6 to 8 800 mg of Tylonol a day. Now they know that that is way to much Tylonol for the liver to handle...maybe they knew that back then too!? It dodn't touch the pain, so I didn't take it.

Hope you get this worked out soon.

Boondoc

Still not a single word from them! I am suffering from a major flare up of sciatica that started yesterday, and I am having to take more darvocet instead of tapering off of them. I have a dental appointment at the VA this morning, and I'm going to see if they have possibly sent a letter out, which seems to be what she prefers. She must be scared to talk to vets on the phone. Either way, I will be calling this evening to make a appointment with her. I am also going to try to stop by records and get a copy of my pain agreement. I also want to get a copy of any flags that I may have in the system. I just have a funny feeling that I have been flagged for some reason.

rental,

Is this a subliminal way of the VA getting vets to become illegal drug seekers ?

Just a thought.

carlie