VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Violated My Pain Management Agreement

Rate this topic

• In Memoriam

Thanks for the tip off.

I did exactly the same thing, but instead I went to the front desk and got a cafeteria voucher. I ate lunch drank a couple cups of coffee. I was ready for the dribble.

• HadIt.com Elder

Here's a quick update:

Had a appt with the PCP yesterday. I explained the situation, and she was receptive, but decided to berate me anyway. That pissed me off and I snapped. I told her that if the VA would have called me like they were supposed to this wouldn't have happened. She speaks up and says that she is the one who actually sneaked the random test in on top of my regular scheduled labs. She said she wasn't required to call me if I was coming in for a scheduled lab. I don't know how valid that statement is. She further told me that I should have EXPECTED a urine test because they always do it with labs. At that point I had her check my lab records to see how many times I've had a urine test since 2007. Of course, I already knew the answer was once. She was flabbergasted to find that out. Then she asked if I would mind taking a drug screen right then. I told her that would be fine, then we whipped all my pills out of my wife's purse and told her to count them in the name of full disclosure.

After all of that, she has the nerve to tell me that she has the ultimate, final decision on this. I snapped again and reminded her that she was just a PA and in actuality needed a MD to sign off on everything that she does, and that moreover, I know that there is a formal appeals process to this matter. That seemed to take the wind out of her sails a bit. So then I went and tinkled in a cup for them and left. She said that she was going to get the ball rolling that day, and that I should expect a phone call soon. Well, I haven't heard from her yet, and now it is the 4th of July holiday at the VAMC, so I won't hear anything until at least the first of the week, but that is expected.

gruntdaddy: I wasn't really thinking about the whole thing when I was there originally. I just needed to be done and get out of there at that moment. What is really throwing me off is that the lady that seems to be in charge of the vampire squad told me to call the hospital and reschedule it, like it wouldn't be a problem at all. This is the one and only time I will jump through their hoops, though. If the screw me around here, I will either drop what little narcotics I take for something non-narcotic, go outside of the VA for my pain management, or self medicate. I'm not the good little patient that complies with a bunch of BS. I try to live my life on the straight and narrow, and I refuse to be looked at like a drug seeker, drug user, or drug dealer.

• HadIt.com Elder

Raise the roof on these jokers..........I stopped going to the VA for these same reasons. These VA docs think they are god, but most could not hack it in the real world. What very few good docs they have get burnt on the BS.

F**k'm, raise hell......go to the top of the VAMC food chain.

It's ON!!! <_<

Rental I can tell you that the problem you have is not unusual. What I need to know is how do we get some relief from these opressive Doctors? Me I suffer from Artheritis and IVDS and both knees. I had my Doctor out on vacation last week and since I am also under contract (Which I Hate) I go by their rules. My back has given me fits with spasm and a lot of extra pain. I had been in the bed for the most part of a week it was bad when my back goes out. I call in to speak to them on their phone lines and I am told since my Doctor was on vacation I should take some Tylenol. I was so mad. I have no recourse other than firing them for violation of the pain agreement? What should or who should I call? I am at the point of being a snowbird and taking off to another country this fall as the winter kicks my tail and the way valid SC bad back veterans are all under the evil eye. I hope it works out but to be honest it is just as bad on the outisde. I am serioulsy looking to move to the Phillippines this fall where my buddie lives he says that a lot of veterans are able to buy their meds a whole hell of a lot easier there in the Pharmacys there than it is to get proper treatment here. Any ideas or advice I look forward to hearing from anyone. Have a good day......

• HadIt.com Elder

Rental,

Since im intolerant to morphine & methadone the VA was prescribing Oxycontin 20mg CR & Oxycontin 5mg for breakthrough pain.

For somereason they stopped supply the 20mg CR & recomended I go to a private Dr & get a prescription. After locating a Dr I notified the VAMC that I was recieving the 20mg CR from him.

Not long after this I get assigned to a new outreach VAMC clinic near my home.

First thing this new Dr does is accuse me of violating pain management aggreement & getting pain meds from two different sources without notifying the VA.

He cut off "all" my prescriptions, removed all my diagnoses from the records & it took months of paying out of pocket to get it straightened out after filing a complaint against him with the VAMC.

Don't let them jack you around. Take it to the VAMC Director ASAP.