VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Violated My Pain Management Agreement

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Airborne: I wish it were that easy, but they are all on a power trip it seems. I have appealed to the chief of staff and director of the hospital, so we'll see. I am service connected for the condition that causes the pain, and have been so for the last 15 years.

• HadIt.com Elder

OH, I also looked at the VA's own pain management literature last night, and they have neither a medical or a legal leg to stand on here. They have completely mis-handled this situation. Failure to submit to a piss test is not reason for immediate cessation of opiod therapy, per their own written material.

• HadIt.com Elder

I got an appointment at the VAMC at 4:30pm next week. I know they are going to want piss. I am going to drink a quart of orange juice to be on the safe side. I have had to wait for a few hours to pee when I could not do it on demand. I have been on the program for years with no violations, but they still want to catch me doing something so they can kick me off the program to save money and get the heat off their backs. You know many in government think all narcotics are baaaadddd. In Florida there is an uproar about prescription drug abuse, so we sufferers take the blame for crooked doctors and drug dealers.

Rentalguy

I am sure you will get back on the program. I would get a private pain doctor in the meantime.

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm still considering the option of stepping down to a non-narcotic. I just don't know how I would tolerate the pain in the winter. I had finally gotten myself stable with the pain/spasms, but I don't know if it is due to the narcotic, or from not working for almost a year now. I do know when I over do it just a little bit, it puts me down for a day or two.

• HadIt.com Elder

John:

I got a pill that will make you piss like a racehorse. I think the brand name is Lasis. I usually take one in morning and than its off to the races with severe urgency I might add.

I've been working thru the pill catalog for over 2 years with my PCP & neurologist.

They prescribe a new pill and it buys them a couple/few months to see if it works and increase the dosage when it doesn't.

Seems like the Last thing the gummint wants is for someone to possibly cop a buzz off something they prescribe. Looks like it varies by doctor and location.

Meanwhile my pain continues unabated. People with a lower tolerance woulda been screamin by now. I'm not sure what to do.

Oh, here's the list best as I can figure:

Naproxen Gabapentin Amitriptyline Topiramate Pregabalin Hydrocodone Capsaicin Methadone Duloxetine Prazosin - Allergic reaction: severe lightheadedness Vicodin

Edited by Notorious Kelly