VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Violated My Pain Management Agreement

Rate this topic

Pete-

Be very careful with Lasix. It will also deplete your potassium! If you start having heart palpitations and/or leg cramps those are signs that your potassium levels are too low...and a sign to get to your doc ASAP! Seriously low potassium can kill. It's put me in the hospital more times than I care to count.

• HadIt.com Elder

rentalguy,

you can save yourself allot of stress over this by making an appointment with mental health & having a "Psychiatrist" evaluate your pain & prescribe what you need. A Psychiatrist takes president over the others since "PAIN" is considered a mental disorder. They have to except the recommendations by the Psychiatrist. Been there done that.

If your PCP is not relieving your pain, they are in violation of the AMA's guidelines of the Hippocratic oath.

They must "relieve" your pain.

• HadIt.com Elder

here's a question you might want to ask board members like, Berta, Wings, Carlie or Delta.

If your pain is not being taken care of & it increases or causes, depression, anxiety & stress & makes you ill from it, is there an 1151 claim you can file as a result?

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe I will drink a quart of beer. That will send me running, and I will tell the VA exactly what I think of them. Beer and percoset go great together to uninhibit my shy nature. You can forwarad email to my new address at the Orient County Jail in Tampa.

• HadIt.com Elder
here's a question you might want to ask board members like, Berta, Wings, Carlie or Delta.

If your pain is not being taken care of & it increases or causes, depression, anxiety & stress & makes you ill from it, is there an 1151 claim you can file as a result?

FTCA claim for sure. I don't think I would benefit much from a 1151 claim, and I would rather have someone outside the VA determine the validity of this, if it ever comes to that.

rentalguy,

you can save yourself allot of stress over this by making an appointment with mental health & having a "Psychiatrist" evaluate your pain & prescribe what you need. A Psychiatrist takes president over the others since "PAIN" is considered a mental disorder. They have to except the recommendations by the Psychiatrist. Been there done that.

If your PCP is not relieving your pain, they are in violation of the AMA's guidelines of the Hippocratic oath.

They must "relieve" your pain.

This is an excellent idea....

I do not use narcotics any more, longterm they will do alot of damage ( intestinal and stomach problems. ) I use Tramadol, Neurotin, and Anxiety meds...