VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Violated My Pain Management Agreement

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I deal with the pain on my own and as long as I have health insurance I will stay away from the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Rental, call the Director of the VA Ethics Committee in D.C. I've spoken with her in the past, and she was friendly. The Ethics Committee can make a study case of your issue. ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are going to use the VA then it is good idea to be really nice to your PCP even if they are a PA. If you have good insurance and you don't want to use the VA then tell them to go to hell. I use them because I get pills for free and I have gotten a hell of a lot of testing done that costs thousands of dollars on the outside. My PCP did all this for me. She got me SC'ed for CAD and a few other things. You have to swollow your pride and just act dumb and smile. You can trigger their helper response by pretending to be the pathetic vet who is earnestly dumb, but seriously ill. I told a pharmacist to go &&^% himself, but that was a mistake.

The VA is a Pain in the butt when it comes to pain management. Without any pain management I live in a 8-9 level pain. I went to the VA with pain medicine already prescribe by my other doc. Violins here, was broke and just started the claims process, actually on medicaid at the time and we lost that. So I had to deal with the VA for Pain meds.. It took me 6 months for them to prescribe the meds I was already taking ( and they were not narcotics ).. And the Pain management nurse at my hospital is nice, but I just want to punch her in the face. She just tells you sorry, I cannot help you, it is VA policy.

Once I got service connection for my back.. The deal changed alot.. I no longer ask, I tell them what I want. And if they say no.. I just go over their heads.. I am nice about ( YES ALWAYS BE NICE ).. And I only do it with the Pain Management nurse, now I tell her it is my POLICY not to be in pain.

My point here is.. if you are service connected for the condition causing the pain., then you should be able to overturn the decision very easy.. If it is not service connected then you might have a fight.. Just make an appointment with your PCP, explain exactly what happened.. Your situtation acutally happened to me, except I did wait the 2 - 3 hours.. But you know where you failed to live up to your end, and you had a reason. If the PCP says no, then say I want to talk to your supervisor, or the doctor..

If this does not work, go to your neurologist or orthapetdic, ( i don't know what your medical problem is ).. and explain it to them.. they will probably be more sympathetic and will either prescribe it or help you get it overturned.. ( this has worked for me ).

• HadIt.com Elder

When I first went to the pain clinic I asked them for vicodin and for mobic. They said "NO" to both. They gave me morphine instead. Am I crazy or are they crazy? I could not stand the morphine or the methadone so I got percoset and they will probably take that awayf from me now. All the pain clinics both private and the VA are a pain in the ass. Either they are drug dealers who only take cash or they are so afraid of the DEA they won't prescribe what you need.