VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

From Post Determination, Back To Rating Office

Rate this question

smilen66

Question

Hello everyone,

Today I learned my claim file has gone back to the rating board from Post Determination. Why would this happen and do you think this is to my advantage or disadvantage?

In addition, I learned that my c-file is in Puerto Rico instead of my VARO, which is in Winston Salem, N.C. According to the V.A. Rep. my file was chosen randomly and sent there because of Winston Salem's backlog of claims. I wonder if this is a blessing or not? Interestinggggg!

The last time, I spoke with a V.A. Rep. he said I had just left third base on my way home. I guess, I'm back on 3rd base, nevertheless it won't be as long as it has been (I don't think).

Have a great evening!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

It will only take a couple of days. They may have rated something under the wrong rating code or missed an issue. It will go back if the rater forgot to sign it. They have to send them back for misspelled words. They usually correct them right away and send them back to Post Determination. The end is near :D .

Sharon,

I dont think it wet back for misspelled words my decision letter looked like a third grader wrote it there were so many. And guess what it came from the Winston Salem RO. :D

Kw34 you are funny! So what are you really saying about the Winston Salem VARO?

Sharon and Carlie, I look at it as money in the bank whenever it gets here.I have SSA in place along with state disability comp. I'm just happy I finally took the time and had the guts to file. Sometimes , things seem more difficult than they actually are. I wish I had filed a lot sooner.

A couple days sounds great and three months is still okay. If I had to speculate, I would say I will hear something in three weeks. Are there anymore speculations out there?