VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean? Good Or Bad?

Rate this question

c&p man

Question

this is from a award letter from a c and p exam.. Service treatment records from june 7,1993 to 1996 show treatment for right ankle pain. VA examination dated march 31,2009 finds a current strain of the right ankle wiht flexion from 0 to 30 degrees. Examiner notes pian wiht plantar flexion. the examiners opinoion is that, due to lack of chronicity of treament, the current strain is less likely than not related to treatment in service. Service connection for right ankle strain is deniend since this condition neither occured or was cuased by service.

Ok happen in service and thier is a current strain? i do have a bone spur on my heel now...my left ankle and heel are sc... what does DUE TO LACK OF CHRONICTY OF TREATMENT MEAN? does this mena they think it might be like a acute sprian and if i show medical eveidence of treatment from now on that it will be sc?

• Answers 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I maybe wrong but they are saying that there is no proof that these to conditions are related because you have no treatment records or evidence from 1996 to 2009. Plus the C & P examiner stated

the current strain is less likely than not related to treatment in service
You must try to give them some evidence over the missing years for them to consider service connection

Did you file this claim as secondary to your already S C left ankle

Edited by pacmanx1

I maybe wrong but they are saying that there is no proof that these to conditions are related because you have no treatment records or evidence from 1996 to 2009. Plus the C & P examiner stated You must try to give them some evidence over the missing years for them to consider service connection

i dont have any evedence over that time... i do now since i started going to a poditrist last month....if i show evedence from now on will this be a good case since i have a in service treatment and and a current strain? i was thinking since it said due to lack of chronicty of treatment that if i show from now on that it should get approved...

IMHO I think it would be easier if you get a statement from your podiatrist that states that your current right ankle condition is directly related to your left ankle condition and file a claim for S C right ankle due to already S C left ankle and heel. Your podiatrist may need to review you SMRs, current VA treatment and of course your records with him

Edited by pacmanx1

Ok happen in service and thier is a current strain? i do have a bone spur on my heel now...my left ankle and heel are sc... what does DUE TO LACK OF CHRONICTY OF TREATMENT MEAN?

It means you did not provide VA with anyone in the medical field to support complaints

or treatment for right ankle pain between 1996 and 2009.

Did you have employment during those years and perhaps miss work due to your right ankle?

If yes, maybe your past employers still have sick-call records in a personel file.

does this mena they think it might be like a acute sprian -

smr's show right ankle pain but strain is not mentioned at that time.

examiner stated you have a current strain not related to service.

and if i show medical eveidence of treatment from now on that it will be sc?

I do not think so but then again you never know - get an IMO.

jmho,

carlie

JMHO I think it would be easier if you get a statement from your podiatrist that states that your current right ankle condition is directly related to your left ankle condition an file a claim for S C right ankle due to already S C left ankle and heel

what just ask my poditrist if he thinks that my right ankle was caused by my left ankle condition and if he sign something or write it in dictaion? i ask him in the near future if he agree and will wirte something.... due to lack of chroncity of treament has got me baffeled ...i d like it if that would be simplefied

You must be able to show that there is a connection between the current strain and the one that occurred in service. Otherwise, they are saying that while a strain do exist, it has nothing to do with the prior strain that occured during your service.