VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Do I Write In The Va Form 21-526, Part B, Section I?

Rate this question

PE1

Question

I know that I write the complaint in

And when it started in

If it started 9 years ago and I don't have a specific day/month/year, then can I write 9 years ago?

Then, the form asks to write in when I was seen for the complaint. It asks (From____ To_____) and then the Name and address of the Doctor/clinic.

But, what if I saw different Doctors in different States?

Do I write the date of the very first day seen for that complaint and then the last time I was seen for that complaint? and then write the name of the last Doctor seen for that complaint even if I saw different ones?

Or, should I attach a sheet with the names of each doctor and clinic seen for that complaint?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have multiple names, addresses, dates I would suggest the following:

Write "see attachment" and then create an attachment that lists all the names and addresses and dates for each disability. Also give as much detail as you deem pertinent. Include how it affects you and others around you.

I have a website that explains this in detail. It is free and can guide you in researching, organizing and assembling your va claims.

Please take a look at it. It will show you examples of what I am talking about.

I am a secretary who got my hubby's benefits for him thanks to the research and organization I did. I translated what I did to create this website.

Good luck and I wish you well

fanaticbooks

http://www.howtoassemblevaclaims.com/index.html

Edited by fanaticbooks

I have something like that already. A summary of the claims. Which I put inside the SMR. I thought that maybe the Doctor or Doctors in the C&P exam and/or the Rater would use it. But Do I really have to attach it to the 21-526 or leave it inside the SMR. It's 6 pages long. Each complaint is written in similar format to the Worksheets.

• HadIt.com Elder

When we filed the appeal and took the documentation I did to the VSO to handle, there were between 25 and 50 pages since I covered EVERYTHING!

Look at it this way. If you put it in writing and submit it, then the VA has to look at it. If they do not and deny then you can bring it to their attention that it was already submitted. If you don't submit it, then that evidence and compilation is not part of the record.

Don't put in extraneous stuff with no value, but anything pertaining to your case is a legitimate addition.

and yes, attach it to your 21-526