VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need A Very Attorney In Suburb Of Dallas

Rate this question

Jordan

Question

I am new here and trying to figure out where to post this help. I just recently fired because of PTSD where 2 young people fabricated a story cohorted by the president of the company when I told him I am diagnosed PTSD. I have found all these charges when I applied and accepted a position in L3 Communication as an Aviation Tech. Of course after finding out the offer was declined.

The charges were 4 terroristic threats and 1 retaliation. I haven't seen the police report as of this time. The date I was fired was April 16 and I retained an attorney on May 18th for $15K.

I went to jail on May 21 and bailed myself out. I have a feeling that my attorney knows the president of the company who fired me. My Lawyer haven't done anything since I retained them and we live here in a very small town [bonham, Trenton- TX] where everybody knows everybody.

I think the Police Officer are also a friend of the president for I have been to jail without interogation, and have a warrant for my arrest.

I feel that my right is violated as an employee and a citizen.

My unemployment was denied as well.

I have a lot of proof about those two youngsters to discredit them. They have videos in youtube where they burn a live snake, created a bomb and drinking while they were underage. I also have the proof from the president who fired me upon his discovery of PTSD and decided to fire me.

It sounded like an easy case but getting complicated.

I'd like to hire another lawyer who is trustworthy and will defend me. Any recommendation on Lawyers around Dallas? Any free lawyers for vet?

Please help, my money situation is so low for no income.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This sounds like an unfortunate situation and you certainly could google and search for attorneys in your area that specifically deal with matters like wrongful termination -since you are uncomfortable with the lawyer you have.

A similiar situation happened to a friend of mine-after 19 years of employment by a federal contractor aware of his physical SC disability (loss of leg due to combat) he was advised by his VA shrink to tell his employer of his PTSD.

Suddenly someone in the company made a charge against him that caused the company to fire him.

He filed an EEOC complaint but would not follow that through-

he also applied for TDIU and SSA. He was awarded both.

I have no idea what laws you are protected under with this employer nor the facts of the matter-

you certainly need a good lawyer.

The lawyers we list here and are familiar with are solely geared to VA compensation claims issues.

Have you tried the Project Salute Web site?

If you contact them they might be able to advise you better than me-

they focus on VA claims issues but might have a referral for a pro bono lawyer in your locale.

• HadIt.com Elder

You have two different issues. You have a criminal charge, and then you have a discrimination charge. You have to be found not quilty on the criminal charge or the other case will die. If you take a plea or No Contest or guilty plea on the criminal thing you are dead meat on the civil thing. Defeat the criminal charges first and then find a labor discrimination lawyer. There are probably one million criminal defense lawyers in Dallas. When do you go to trial on the criminal charges. That is your big problem. If you are convicted and get sent to the can you don't need to worry about job discrimination because they will have all they need to turn your civil case to shit. You sound like you believe the police, your attorney, co-workers and your boss are all in this thing together. Call your lawyer and ask them what the plan is to defend you against criminal charges.

• HadIt.com Elder
I am new here and trying to figure out where to post this help. I just recently fired because of PTSD where 2 young people fabricated a story cohorted by the president of the company when I told him I am diagnosed PTSD. I have found all these charges when I applied and accepted a position in L3 Communication as an Aviation Tech. Of course after finding out the offer was declined.

Were you actually hired and went to work for L3? (more on L3 at the bottom of this message)

The charges were 4 terroristic threats and 1 retaliation. I haven't seen the police report as of this time. The date I was fired was April 16 and I retained an attorney on May 18th for $15K.

Did you actually make these terroristic threats? What proof do they have that you did?

I went to jail on May 21 and bailed myself out. I have a feeling that my attorney knows the president of the company who fired me. My Lawyer haven't done anything since I retained them and we live here in a very small town [bonham, Trenton- TX] where everybody knows everybody.

I'm sure that if it is Bohnam, TX, that you are right, everybody knows everybody else, and you are now batting .000.

I think the Police Officer are also a friend of the president for I have been to jail without interogation, and have a warrant for my arrest.

If, in fact, there was a warrant for your arrest, then the District Attorney's office is the one that issued that warrant, and you have more problems than this one police officer.

I feel that my right is violated as an employee and a citizen.

My unemployment was denied as well.

I have a lot of proof about those two youngsters to discredit them. They have videos in youtube where they burn a live snake, created a bomb and drinking while they were underage. I also have the proof from the president who fired me upon his discovery of PTSD and decided to fire me.

It sounded like an easy case but getting complicated.

I'd like to hire another lawyer who is trustworthy and will defend me. Any recommendation on Lawyers around Dallas? Any free lawyers for vet?

Please help, my money situation is so low for no income.

L3 Communications (I suppose that this is their component operation in Greenville, TX) is, shall we say, a prime contractor to the US government. Their areas of expertise are in Command and Control, Communications, Surveilance, Intelligence, etc. and you are probably not the only one to suffer so-called "discrimination" due to the fact that their security clearance requirements are as high as the CIA and NSA, to name a couple of others, probably even higher.

If this is the case, then my personal reccomendation to you is to go on down the road and leave sleeping dogs lay. You ain't NEVER been up against an "outfit" like L3.

You had best leave them alone.

Just a little warning. You do what you think you should.

Edited by LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder

If I paid a Lawyer 15 k I would want to talk to him to see what he is doing and ask him about your concerns. Some of the stuff you are worrying about may be your own paranoia.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete, I do think that we are having our chains rattled.

I mean, come on. L3 Communication is a HUGE company, with different "components" scattered all over the world. www.l-3com.com/

And the likelihood of this fellow ever having ever MET the president of L3 is zilch to none. After all, that is why these companies have HR departments, etc.

And, if our poster is capable of creating such a story as this..........well....what's the chance of him passing any type of deep background security checks?

I know a couple of peeps who work for L3, on their Ultra-Low Freq, towed wire antenna systems for submarine communications (and, I've known these guys for 20 years and THAT is all I know about what they do).

• HadIt.com Elder

And, if you've never heard of L3 Communications.........then their security systems must be working :(