How Do I Raise My Sc For Ptsd Due To Mst

Destia

Question

Hi everybody :D . I wanted to see if anyone knew how to raise my Service Connection for PTSD. Currently my rating is 30% for PTSD due to MST. I use to work at a VA hospital for about 3 years as a nurse and I abruptly quit because on one occasion I saw the bastard that hurt me while I was active duty checking in for an appointment with his wife and child. Almost two weeks later I decided to never return to work and I moved from Virginia to Michigan. I have not worked since. What I decided to do so I could make some money I went back to school. I have been a student for 1 year and a couple of months but I feel like quitting because it is getting harder for me to focus and concentrate. I also have a neurological condition 30% (Trygeminal Neuralgia) requireing me to use oxcycodone every six hours, been doing this for about 7 years now. The neurologist suggested that I should see someone in mental health, because if I can alleviate the depression my pain might go away. I also have a choice to have brain surgery that will stop the pain immediately but I might suffer paralysis. I will be damned if anyone does brain surgery on me. My question is.....Since I have not worked for over 3 years because of the PTSD and pain requireing the use of narcotics, can I increase my percentage? Currently I am 50%, someone told me to apply for social security, is this even possible? Anyway advice will be greatly appreciated. B)

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are 30% rated for PTSD and can'twork you need to ask for a higher rating and tdiu cause you are not able to work. The rest should take care of itself. Since you are alrady rated the heavy lifting has been done.

Good Luck

If you are 30% rated for PTSD and can'twork you need to ask for a higher rating and tdiu cause you are not able to work. The rest should take care of itself. Since you are alrady rated the heavy lifting has been done.

Good Luck

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. One more question, who determines whether or not I can work. I ultimately left a great job as a nurse in the Va hospital. I was a pleasure for me to work everyday with veterans, because I am a veteran. I had to abruptly leave two weeks after I saw the person who raped me checking in with his wife and child to his appointment. I reported it to my superior and I also told my phychologist and then two weeks later I couldn't go back to work. This was over three years ago. Every time I have to go to any VA hospital, and you look at my vitals, everytime my heart rate is always over 100 beats per minute, some nurses will retake my pulse just to make sure the machine is wrong. I tell them that my heart rate is fast because I always get anxious and scared to enter any va hospital. Anyway, so should I make an appointment and see my primary care doctor, so he can write down in my records that I can no longer work. Does he solely go by what I tell him. I have contemplated getting admitted for my increased PTSD but I feel like it will only get worse because they do not have seperate care for females that have PTSD due to MST. I really dont have a problem with men in general but my condition requires me to not be as trusting because of my past. I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard spot. Once again thank you for you advice. I will take it and act on it. If I could exchange what I feel every day with my worst enemy, I would do it in a heart beat, well only if I really hated them. lol. :D

Good Luck

If you are not yet reached that 30% rate for PTSD will you not be qualified for a higher rating?

You got everything in place but this is just the problem you didn't reached the 30% rate.

regards,

kelly

Simulation pret

Hi everybody B) . I wanted to see if anyone knew how to raise my Service Connection for PTSD. Currently my rating is 30% for PTSD due to MST. I use to work at a VA hospital for about 3 years as a nurse and I abruptly quit because on one occasion I saw the bastard that hurt me while I was active duty checking in for an appointment with his wife and child. Almost two weeks later I decided to never return to work and I moved from Virginia to Michigan. I have not worked since. What I decided to do so I could make some money I went back to school. I have been a student for 1 year and a couple of months but I feel like quitting because it is getting harder for me to focus and concentrate. I also have a neurological condition 30% (Trygeminal Neuralgia) requireing me to use oxcycodone every six hours, been doing this for about 7 years now. The neurologist suggested that I should see someone in mental health, because if I can alleviate the depression my pain might go away. I also have a choice to have brain surgery that will stop the pain immediately but I might suffer paralysis. I will be damned if anyone does brain surgery on me. My question is.....Since I have not worked for over 3 years because of the PTSD and pain requireing the use of narcotics, can I increase my percentage? Currently I am 50%, someone told me to apply for social security, is this even possible? Anyway advice will be greatly appreciated. :D