VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting For Sign Off On Dro Tdiu Award

Rate this question

atlaturne

Question

I received paperwork in March that stated that "while some of my claim had been awarded,my knees were left as is(60)%.I went to my Veterans Assistance state office and my rep look it up on his system and said I had been awarded TDIU,lower lumbar,both hips.He went on to say that the next step was for it to be calculated and signed off on.Now June 27th,I have not received anything official.The 800 number says awaiting signoff.I am worried that something might go wrong.Can the sign off or calculation people overrule the DRO and now deny the TDIU that the DRO awarded?.How likely, unlikely is this.I will be so relieved to get something official and partularly the increased benefit.Thanks

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Generally, no! The DRO has the final word. If it's a large retro award, it might be reviewed but I doubt it would change, unless there was a gross error. It's also vacation season at the VA and claims may be delayed further by a shortage of personnel. jmo

pr

I received paperwork in March that stated that "while some of my claim had been awarded,my knees were left as is(60)%.I went to my Veterans Assistance state office and my rep look it up on his system and said I had been awarded TDIU,lower lumbar,both hips.He went on to say that the next step was for it to be calculated and signed off on.Now June 27th,I have not received anything official.The 800 number says awaiting signoff.I am worried that something might go wrong.Can the sign off or calculation people overrule the DRO and now deny the TDIU that the DRO awarded?.How likely, unlikely is this.I will be so relieved to get something official and partularly the increased benefit.Thanks

Any award over 25,000 has to go to the Directors office for sign off. Over 100,000 has to go to Central office for sign off. Good Luck!!!

I feel your anxiety. I'd say you're in the final week or two before you get something in the mail. It's been since March so it should be any day now.

I know it's hard but try to relax and drink a cold one. Every night I would drink a beer to help me sleep instead of laying there with my eyes wide open staring at the ceiling. The VA has a way of making my insanity more insane.

Billy

Billy,thank you-As you can tell ,I am sweating this out.I appreciate understanding and input..It would be my pleasure to have a few cold ones with you-on me.

Billy,thank you-As you can tell ,I am sweating this out.I appreciate understanding and input..It would be my pleasure to have a few cold ones with you-on me.

How many signatures do you need on a TDIU claim decision?