VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Men And Mst

Rate this question

carl1124

Question

Up till about a 2 week ago I have never talk about this, but it has affected my life with ever thing I do. I was 20 I was station in Diego Garcia. I was sitting on the beach when I was Sexual assault by two men. After that I started drinking hard and end up in Rehab for 6 weeks. I still did not talk about then I was a fearfully that I would get kick out of the Navy for being nuts or homosexual, "Please remember that was 1986 and the Military was on the hunt for any one that might be gay". I am unable to hold a job for 2 years at time and now take Citalopram for depression. At times my depression is so bad I think it would be easier if I just ended it all. I have all kinds problems when it comes to men. I don't trust many people and sit in my computer room most days. I feel safest when no one is around me and God help anyone that sneaks up on me. I have real bad mood swings . Last week I went to the V.A. and told them what happen and the meds. I take. Who did I get for a Doctor was retired Navy Capt. that did not know what to say or act. He looked at me like I was some kind of freak. I know that I need help with this I can not do by myself any more. It has taken 20 years to talk about it, and taken so much of my life away from me. There is so much help out there for women, but I am finding very little help for men. :(

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"Please remember that was 1986 and the Military was on the hunt for any one that might be gay"

I remember very well, there was a "military seek and destroy mission" for gays during the 80's, several of my fellow workers were discharged because of this. Even a hint of being gay, brought investigations. There were several people who tried to use this to get discharged, they were not gay, it was just one of the easiest ways to get a discharge at the time.

I would think that this had a very strong impact on how you reacted.

I understand rape, is rape, but being raped by the same sex and being hetrosexual, this must add a totally different dimension to such traumatic experience.

I know that pushing memories as deep as you can won't help.

I hope that all of you you've been getting help, at the VA or civilian.

BoonDoc

• HadIt.com Elder

The fact that the VA makes a victim of MST prove the assult is part of the system that encourages rapists and other degenerates to keep doing these things. They know that for male or female service members to come forward will subject the victim to abuse and that is why they tend to keep their mouths shut. Then after they get out of the service the VA will say "veteran's records silent on MST.......claim denied".