VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My Med Records...

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

finally! i get to start my actual claim. looking over the records, i noticed at the time i reported the rape they even have documented in there that i was referred to MHC for ptsd. so, my question is....are mhc records separate from medical records? is that a specific request? if not, there is no record of me even being evaluated for it.

oh, and apparently them ordering me to AA was their explanation of alcohol rehab. i didnt go all the time and that is the reason i was put out. seriously? AA? come on now....that was just comical! it hurts none the less.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

clw4514, records from vetrecs can be ordered online. You'll need to send a hardcopy w/signature to follow-up and generally only take 4-6 wks from when they receive the hardcopy.

pr

crap! here goes another 6 months of waiting....

clw4514, records from vetrecs can be ordered online. You'll need to send a hardcopy w/signature to follow-up and generally only take 4-6 wks from when they receive the hardcopy.

pr

oh, i know. that is how i ordered the medical records. took them much longer than the 4-6 wks. no big deal. just more waiting.

wings - need ur help on this one. looking thru my med records, i found where i was sent to mhc for eval after trauma. there is an acronym on the paper (seen many times on several records) SOAP. im guessing its some kind of acronym to help make sure they get all the details of the visit, etc. my question is does the "a" stand for axis? under the "a" in this particular entry it has:

A. I: post traumatic stress traits (v71.09) isolated ETOH-related incident (v71.09)

II: no dx (v71.09)

can u translate that? or anybody for that fact? and he continues on to state "encouraged MHC F/U for PTSD mx. squadron has responded PRP 2 (degree sign) traumatic incident.

or, simply point me in the right direction to translate...

thx again for all the input!!

• HadIt.com Elder

clw4514 - if I recall correctly soap stands for Subjective, Objective, Assessment and Plan. The A is for assessment.

pr

wings - need ur help on this one. looking thru my med records, i found where i was sent to mhc for eval after trauma. there is an acronym on the paper (seen many times on several records) SOAP. im guessing its some kind of acronym to help make sure they get all the details of the visit, etc. my question is does the "a" stand for axis? under the "a" in this particular entry it has:

A. I: post traumatic stress traits (v71.09) isolated ETOH-related incident (v71.09)

II: no dx (v71.09)

can u translate that? or anybody for that fact? and he continues on to state "encouraged MHC F/U for PTSD mx. squadron has responded PRP 2 (degree sign) traumatic incident.

or, simply point me in the right direction to translate...

thx again for all the input!!

clw4514 - if I recall correctly soap stands for Subjective, Objective, Assessment and Plan. The A is for assessment.

pr

thx phillip. well, im hoping this pc of paper is a home run for me since it has a clear assessment of ptsd.