VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Progressing Or Rater?

Rate this question

vistagirl81

Question

Hey everyone i have a Q about what my husband has been told.. We though it would be best to call the VA every 2 weeks to see if there is any movement in his claim. He had 2 c&p's on the 19th of June.On the 23th we went to request his exam it was not done so they said they wouls send it to us. He called today and the woman wouls not let him know where his claim was but that the exams were recieved on the 29th to the reg. office and they got all the info they needed. what does that mean?? is it still processing??Should we call again?

• Answers 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Vista:

Some Vets are on a fast track. If he is Iraq/Afghanistan maybe it is so.

Pete,

I think for a vet to be on fast track, the claim is initiated before they ETS, and the claim and files are handed to the VA before they ets.. One of the big delay's with claims like this one is the wait for the actual records from the Military, which can take months for no reason.

I do not think they will give him 100% anything.. He got out Dec 12, 2008.. He is hoping for 30% , me i just hoping he gets enough to not have to pay for his meds.. they are over 150 a mo and more if they change his meds.... and he is unable to handle a job right now.Im scared that his Gen Exam with the dr. saying his migranes werent service connected,, but i went through his medical records all 400 pages of it and it is all there... appeals can last up to 3-4 yrs and i don;t want them to not see him.. Im just so confused have been for a couple of months.. thanx for reading this

vista,

Where are his meds RX'd from and who is billing for the meds?

carlie

He is getting his meds form the VA and the VA bills us for them because he does not have any SC.

vista,

Stop paying for the meds and/or an other VA co-pays, it will not effect his

health care or the continuation of getting his meds.

Go to finance or debt recovery and request a waiver of all co-payments.

Unless you have a fairly high household income they will approve it real quick,

especially since he is OEF/OIF.

jmho,

carlie

you will get back all the money put out for service connected meds, and if you have seen any private docs for service connected conditions, the VA will pay you back.

If his rating is over 50%, the VA will return all money paid for all meds, and any copays.