VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Audio Clinc Question

Rate this question

Ken1

Question

I just found this web site and have some concerns with up coming C&P appointments.

1. I have a C&P Audio schedule for 7/6/09 in Memphis

2. I have a C&P Audio schedule for 7/10/09 in Memphis

Is it common for VA to schedule two appointments for the same type of test?

I files for hearing lost and tinnitus in Oct 2007 and just now getting an appointment. I must state at this time I do not trust the VA claim process.

I am going into this process expecting the person giving me the test will use some tricks. I am concerned about the procedure

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Ken

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Nope someone made a mistake. You should call the clinic and ask

Ken,

I took a hearing test in the Memphis VA about six months ago, and the lady who administred it seemed fair. I filed for hearing loss and tinnitus, but only got 10% for the tinnitus. I was only scheduled for one day so I'm not sure about the second test you're scheduled for. Bet the old guys on the board can answer that better than me.

The test lasted about 45 minutes and I had to turn my back to her for most of the test so that I could not read her lips. I told her I had been a cobra pilot who had been shot down twice with 51 Cal rounds impacting in the cock pit both times which seemed pretty noisy at the time. Those incidents plus being around turbine engines for 20 years has pretty much screwed up my hearing. I asked about a hearing aid, but the lady said I didn't need one yet. My wife thinks I do, but I'll let them argue that one out :D

CavTrooper088 1st Cav RVN

• HadIt.com Elder

Cavtrooper:

I have tinnitus and the range of voice I can't hear is a woman's voice natural range. My wife was with me when they explained it and said she would just jab me with a fork when she needed my attention

Ken1,

Whether you think you hear the sounds (during the test) or not,

don't guess. In other words if your not sure if you hear the tones

or not don't just keep pushing the button and guessing.

I feel many vets do get SC'd for hearing loss but are usually

compensated at zero %.

You almost have to be deaf in both ears to get even 10% for hearing loss.

I have a VA RX'd and provided hearing aid and my SC for hearing loss remains at zero %.

If your Tinnitus is granted as SC'd it will be at a flat 10 % whether it's in both ears or not,

it pays 10%, if granted SC.

I would verify both C&P dates and I would still show up both dates

but I can be real nuts about never missing a C&P appointment.

Good luck.

carlie

Peter53,

That gave me a good laugh. I can't recognize my wife's voice (or any other female)

over the phone. I've have paid the price for that tragic disability many times in the form of a good a--chewing from HQ6. She understands perfectly that I have a hearing problem. She has never understood why that has anything to do with her giving me my daily marching orders. <_<

Ken1,

I think you'll get the 10% for tinnitus pretty easy if you were in a combat zone. Carlie is also right. It will be 10% as a total for both ears, not 10% for each ear.

Cavtrooper088