VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd The Effects Or Rvn/drill Sergeant Duty/reruiting Duty

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

I went from 18 year old boy to becoming a man and combat Veteran In RVN, where I had to lead, make decisions, that cause death to the enemy and brothers of my unit. At nineteen I become a Drill Sergeant that trained 95% to go to the War Zone.

At 21, I became a Army Recruiter that recruited primarily for RVN, I sold infantry, my recruits went to WAR. My assignments from 1966 to 1981, were highly stressful and intense. The three types of assignments were 101 ABN infantry, RVN, RVN, DS duty, Recruting duty and Drill Sergeant and again Recriting duty. Since my assignments my positions in Army and now as a civilian have seem meaningless. Whats your advice, I had many jobs, and move at the first opportunity. I find things wrong in the job and the people I work around

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I was 21 when our unit "hit the beach" at Chu Lai, didn't take this Marine long to figure out you have to keep your buddies alive and well, it is devastating to say the least when you lose not only team members but friends as well. Then the anger and desire for revenge takes over, always looking for the next firefight and the next kill, I think the adreniline takes over from that point and you start "craving" the adreniline rush you get from the possibility of catching a bullet before you can exact revenge on the little scumbags. I know how it feels brother, been dealing with it since 1967 and it pretty much destroyed my chances of a somewhat normal life. Currently going through the process for PTSD and other claims and thank my fellow veterans on this site for all their advise and assistance. By the way, welcome home!!

File a claim for PTSD. The process is slow, however for your service you will be compensated. Dont lose hope. Thanks for your service.

I was 21 when our unit "hit the beach" at Chu Lai, didn't take this Marine long to figure out you have to keep your buddies alive and well, it is devastating to say the least when you lose not only team members but friends as well. Then the anger and desire for revenge takes over, always looking for the next firefight and the next kill, I think the adreniline takes over from that point and you start "craving" the adreniline rush you get from the possibility of catching a bullet before you can exact revenge on the little scumbags. I know how it feels brother, been dealing with it since 1967 and it pretty much destroyed my chances of a somewhat normal life. Currently going through the process for PTSD and other claims and thank my fellow veterans on this site for all their advise and assistance. By the way, welcome home!!

I went from 18 year old boy to becoming a man and combat Veteran In RVN, where I had to lead, make decisions, that cause death to the enemy and brothers of my unit. At nineteen I become a Drill Sergeant that trained 95% to go to the War Zone.

At 21, I became a Army Recruiter that recruited primarily for RVN, I sold infantry, my recruits went to WAR. My assignments from 1966 to 1981, were highly stressful and intense. The three types of assignments were 101 ABN infantry, RVN, RVN, DS duty, Recruting duty and Drill Sergeant and again Recriting duty. Since my assignments my positions in Army and now as a civilian have seem meaningless. Whats your advice, I had many jobs, and move at the first opportunity. I find things wrong in the job and the people I work around

File a claim for PTSD. The process is slow, however for your service you will be compensated. Dont lose hope. Thanks for your service.

Thank you do we ever get home or is part of us always gone

Thanks pig driver, The notion that we come home is a myth. We never leave the war zone, our memories, our brother, our innocents stay there, we just carry the burden with us the rest of life. Me, I am proud that I fought, follow orders and enjoy the freedom today, and will until I die