VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao At Ft Lewis, Wa

Rate this question

Ken1

Question

If agent orange was used at Ft. Lewis, WA in what years was it used there? I can't find anything

with the years that it was there.

Thanks for any replies

Ken1

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I can't find anything about agent orange at Ft Lewis. Did you handle agent orange while stationed there?

In 1966 when the 6th Army Training Center was in early stages of startup for AIT some AO was used to kill grass/weed etc on live fire ranges. At the time I was a Sgt E-5 and another E-5 screwed up by taking a long weekend off without signing out. Long and short we both had extra duty which was cleaning up two trucks that were used to transport and spray the AO. Our Range Officer a 2LT was a Westpoint grad but was a dud how he arranged for the AO I do not know.

Thanks for looking

Ken1

I too have no info whatsoever that AO was used or tested or stored at Ft. Lewis, WA.

It is not mentioned at all on the DOD reports of testing or spraying outside of Vietnam.

The VA has awarded AO disability to a few vets not stationed in Vietnam or Korea under the Korean limiting regs-

AO exposure in Guam, Alaska, Thailand,Okinawa etc---- all posted here at hadit.

In each case the veteran had a presumptive AO disability and proved to the VA they were exposed to Agent Orange.

Not easy to do---but nothing is impossible.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta:

A while back someone was trying to prove it was used at Panama. I don't recall how that ended.

Ken,

I don't recall the AO at Ft. Lewis but I did have a nice steak dinner there when I ETS out of the Army back from Nam.

Bill