VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao At Ft Lewis, Wa

Rate this question

Ken1

Question

If agent orange was used at Ft. Lewis, WA in what years was it used there? I can't find anything

with the years that it was there.

Thanks for any replies

Ken1

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

If agent orange was used at Ft. Lewis, WA in what years was it used there? I can't find anything

with the years that it was there.

Thanks for any replies

Ken1

Do a search for "Fort Lewis CERCLA Rods" that should get you started.

• HadIt.com Elder

Fort Lewis, Washington

In September 1986, a field investigation was conducted at the Old Fire Fighting Training Pit to assist in the preparation of a Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Part B permit application for Fort Lewis. Twenty test pits were dug within a 100-ft-diameter area thought to encompass the Old Fire Fighting Training Pit. Twelve composite soil samples were collected and analyzed for 56 SVOCs using EPA Method 8270.

In September 1987, three borings were advanced to a depth of 10 ft using a 4-inch diameter hollow-stem auger. Eight soil samples were collected using a split-spoon sampler and analyzed for SVOCs and VOCs, pesticides and PCBs, and dioxins and dioxin homologues.

Between September 1993 and July 1994, Woodward-Clyde conducted a limited field investigation to determine if the previous practices at the Old Fire Fighting Training Pit resulted in contamination of the uppermost aquifer beneath the site. The investigation included installation of three monitoring wells, an evaluation of the groundwater gradient, and groundwater sampling and analysis. Groundwater samples were collected in November and December 1993 and analyzed for VOCs, SVOCs, low-level PCBs, metals, cyanide, and dioxins and furans.

http://www.cswab.org/firetraining1.html

• HadIt.com Elder

One interesting thing is that South Vietnam has been turned into a long term study of the effects of AO on a population. No wonder the USA resists compensation to the civilian population of Vietnam. This would allow in their findings of the long term consequences of AO. We dropped AO on our allies and friends. We did not drop it on North Vietnam. I bet the list of places AO was used in in a vault under Ft. Knox.

I found this info @

http://www.epa.gov/superfund/sites/fiveyea...07100001723.pdf

I know I may never prove AO at this post but it is additional information to support my claims for severe PN (granted SSDI for PN), DMII & Prostate Cancer

All other do not forget this EPS resource.

Pesticide Rinse Area: Pesticide Rinse Area is a non-NPL CERCLA site as a result of RCRA corrective action recommendations in the 1986 RFA and its inclusion in the 1990 FFA. The site is a 34-foot by 34-foot concrete pad without secondary containment that was used for at least 24 years as a rinsing area for pesticide applicator equipment and empty chemical containers. The site is located on the south side of Building 2054. The current and anticipated future land use designated for the site in the Fort Lewis Master Plan is administration (equivalent to commercial). The investigation chronology includes soil sampling in 1986 and a site investigation in 1994. Although the site does not pose an unacceptable risk or hazard given current and anticipated future land use, ongoing action (i.e., land use controls) continues since chlordane, dieldrin, and heptachlor were present in soil in 1994 at concentrations above residential cleanup levels for the potential direct contact pathway.

• HadIt.com Elder
I too have no info whatsoever that AO was used or tested or stored at Ft. Lewis, WA.

It is not mentioned at all on the DOD reports of testing or spraying outside of Vietnam.

The VA has awarded AO disability to a few vets not stationed in Vietnam or Korea under the Korean limiting regs-

AO exposure in Guam, Alaska, Thailand,Okinawa etc---- all posted here at hadit.

In each case the veteran had a presumptive AO disability and proved to the VA they were exposed to Agent Orange.

Not easy to do---but nothing is impossible.

Johnston Atoll, Hawaian Islands.

post-1306-1261957996_thumb.jpg

Kinda gives you a nice, warm, fuzzy feeling, don't it?