VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rx/dr Question

Rate this topic

i didnt know how to title this one so forgive me if its incorrect.....i just went to renew my trazodone online and saw that my new pcp did not renew the rx when i was in about a month ago. shes new and seemed a bit intimidated so i am gonna give her the benefit of the doubt. but heres the issue folks....i called last week to get a consult to voc rehab. since she is with the womens center, thats where i called. she is covering for another doc in oef/oif part of the vamc so i was transferred there. they put me thru to her nurse so i leave a msg like a good lil' airman. the nurse calls me back chewin my ass like a di in bootcamp! she sd i should call the womens center. god forbid this rn actually does some ppwk for the dr she's working with! i explain to her that i did call, etc. she basically hung up on me spouting she will clear it up. soooooooooo, now i am in desperate need of my trazodone being refilled and i dont want to take the chance of pissin in this rn's cheerios and she nix's my rx. not to mention i was told over and over not to go cold turkey off this stuff. and, honestly, i need the little 2-3 hrs of sleep it gives me. now my anxiety is up cuz after 2 more nites, im out! no more sleep for me unless i can get it refilled. anyone have any similar dealings like this? how can u get it refilled without going thru nurse wratchet? guess my honeymoon with the va is over, huh? <_<

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

clw, you crack me up! <_<

wratchet and all the rest exist to serve us; you are her General. Maybe she was just having a bad day, but I'd call back and tell them you're dangerously short on meds.

I don't know how close you are to the VA if picking them up at the pharmacy becomes the only way to get them in time. Don't yield until you get the results you're looking for, sister!

lol - well, if i can make one person laugh a day - ive done good <_<

i called the womens center this a.m. and explained the situation and the chewin i got last week courtesy of nurse wratchet. they sd it would certainly be passed on to her superior cuz she called then and chewed them out, too. then they put me thru to another rn who was more than happy to help me and was very pleasant, too. but, the womens center sd i was correct to be calling my pcp at her current location. i hope i dont have to go thru that crap again! and i certainly hope i dont require any shots from nurse wratchet any time soon!! but for now, i will take my one small triumph and be content :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

What shes doing to you is an ethical violation and against your "patients rights".

You can file a complaint against her to go into her records through the "patient advocate".

This may(?)slow down her attitude.

It's not likely it will be your last experience like this. If you receive care through any VAMC your going to see this occasionally. It gives all the good nurses a black eye. And there are many.

Health care providers including nurses have to be medically licensed. You can also file a complaint in the state she is licensed in.

Never let the treatment you received slide. These people must be weeded out of our care system.

You deserve far better treatment than this.

Thank you for your service to this nation!

What shes doing to you is an ethical violation and against your "patients rights".

You can file a complaint against her to go into her records through the "patient advocate".

This may(?)slow down her attitude.

It's not likely it will be your last experience like this. If you receive care through any VAMC your going to see this occasionally. It gives all the good nurses a black eye. And there are many.

Health care providers including nurses have to be medically licensed. You can also file a complaint in the state she is licensed in.

Never let the treatment you received slide. These people must be weeded out of our care system.

You deserve far better treatment than this.

Thank you for your service to this nation!

good point, allan. never thought of it like that. thx for pointing that out! hopefully, i wont have any more issues like that. i always try to be courteous and go to the appropriate people so i dont waste anyone's time. i know i dont like my time wasted. the womens center in mphs is pretty good at making sure us women vets r treated with respect from all depts.

clw,

So did they renew your Traz ?

Sometimes you can get an email to your VA doc like this;

say the doc's name is: Dr. One Dipshit

try an email to: one.dipshit@va.gov

This is how I stay in contact with the best VAMC PCP

in the world. He moved on about five years ago but

still helps me out whenever I need it.

carlie