VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C File Vs Medical Records

Rate this topic

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gang,

I haven't posted for a while, but still visit the site everyday.

FYI---It took 6-8 weeks for me to get my C file. First time I tried I wrote a letter which prompted VA to send me a form which I had to fill out to request the C file. After I did that it took about a month. I was amazed at all the information that was in the file. They actually had information that I had been unsuccessfully trying to dig up for the past year.

Good luck in your pursuit. God bless our troops.

Cav

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have vocational rehabilitation records they won't be in your C-File. You get those records for Voc Rehab. If the VA Voc Rehab has turned you down for rehabilitation that could be important for IU or 100% purpose. My C-File goes back 38 years and included my first rating decision. It also included evidence the VA did not use in my rating. When I got that I decided to file a CUE.

• HadIt.com Elder

out_here04,

Use this form for requesting records from the VARO such as your C-file or making a statement, NOD, etc.

As John mentioned, for Voc rehab you will need to request those records through VOC-Rehab at the VARO & your VAMC may have a deferent set of records if the voc rehab there helped you.

21-4138 Statement in Support of Claim (Fillable)

http://www.va.gov/vaforms/form_detail.asp?FormNo=21-4138

• HadIt.com Elder
Hi Gang,

I haven't posted for a while, but still visit the site everyday.

FYI---It took 6-8 weeks for me to get my C file. First time I tried I wrote a letter which prompted VA to send me a form which I had to fill out to request the C file. After I did that it took about a month. I was amazed at all the information that was in the file. They actually had information that I had been unsuccessfully trying to dig up for the past year.

Good luck in your pursuit. God bless our troops.

Cav

This is an example of why we stress to get copies of the file.

You will find a lot of interesting stuff in there.

I know one person who found out he had 2 inferred issues he is now SC'd for and never would have known it if he hadnt received a copy of the file.

J