VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confusion And Short Term Memory

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

since for the last 20 yrs i just assumed i was bat shit crazy, i have not studied ptsd and all of its effects. i know that confusion can be one of the symptoms as well as short term memory issues. it seemed as long as i was working, i could blow it off when it happened. and now that i'm on my summer break from school, it seems to be worse. i have entire conversations that i cannot recall at all. i have to write down every single thing that needs to be done that day or u can pretty much assume it wont be done. i cannot even remember to take my pills when needed (3x day.) which reminds me, take pill now!!! im sure some of u deal with something similar. how do u cope with it? is there anything u can do to improve ur cognitive abilities or does it just go down hill from now? ive been lucky not to have overwhelming depression with this, well, at least not that i've noticed. then again, i waited 20 yrs to do anything about it B) but, now, with my brain screwing up, i'm getting depressed. when im around people, like group yesterday, i start crying instead of talking. its so frustrating. and i cant even tell u why im crying! makes me feel weak.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

You're not alone. My memory sucks. I can tell someone something and then just a few hours later not recall if I told them that or not. I have bills that are often late because I forget to pay them...I have the money....I just forget!

I know it's the PTSD, the severe depression, lack of motivation, all of that.

Making lists don't help me...the lack of motivation really kicks my butt.

I really worry about my memory...there are some really bad things; but none of the docs think it's a problem. I know me. I know it's a problem.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

I've had a brain CAT scan to rule out an organic basis for my cognative/memory problems. The tests said it was all in my mind. Thank you PTSD. ~Wings