VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

12 Hours Of Hell

Rate this topic

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a call from a very rude woman (didn't identify herself) in Prime Care this morning who said I had an appt with my PCP on Aug 10th..................Aug 10th??? I told her no. I was supposed to see my PCP this week! She said she'd call back and hung up.

She called back (still pissed off) and said the earliest I could see my PCP was next Tuesday!! OMG!! I reminded her this is extremely urgent..she said that was his next available appt, repeated the time and hung up on me.

--Also received a reply from Prime Care Chief this morning apologizing for my treatment in the ER on Friday. He said he would look into the things that I mentioned and take care of them. As for my pain issue, he told me to follow/up with my PCP, but also said that there is some pain that docs never find a reason for....what??? I don't think so. Sounds like he's already trying to CYA.--

Edited by purple

Got the copy of my ER records today. Was as expected except for the X-ray report. It said that it was "abnormal and needed attention"......what? Of course, I was told all my tests were normal. There was mention of problems with my intestines and a guess at a dx...which I've looked up online and wow..............it fits!!!

Also there is mention of an abnormality with my major veins/arteries of my heart. I know they are reversed; but those docs don't know this....now; wouldn't you think that would be something they would ask about?? It's a very, very rare condition. But they never asked.

As far as the intestinal thing...it's caused by a recent high dose of a certain type of (usually) IV antibiotic...usually within the past 2-3 months. Well....I had that antibiotic 2 months ago when I had my pacemaker surgery. Apparently it breaks down something important in some ppls insides.

Now if I could find all of this on the Internet....why couldn't those ER docs actually do something???

• HadIt.com Elder

Diagnosis-----bad intestinal flora, or no intestinal flora.

Rx, eat more Greek Gods yogurt.

4 ozs, twice daily.

signed:

Doc Paine

• HadIt.com Elder

How are you feeling today, Purple? I've just read your "12 hours of Hell @ Dayton VAMC ER" thread. The experience you had was horrible. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, it does. I hope you feel better soon. I wish you would not wait till next Tuesday to see a doctor. Please take care.

Regards,

Bob

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

• HadIt.com Elder

I just finished my anti-biotics for my second-ever bout of diverticulitis (that's two in five years). Hurts like hell, when the cramps hit you, you cannot stand up, no way. Mine has started out with a little sore feeling place, just above my pubic bone (and, from there it gets steadily worse).

Doc says "next time", we'll have to think seriously about removing that section of my colon.

No nuts, no beer, no beer nuts. NUTS!

Heck, some of my most favorite foods......no poppy seed bagels, no carrot cake, no pecan brownies....fer the rest of my life.

Life sucks, then you die.