VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Complex Mingraine

Rate this question

bguerrero

Question

Recieving 20% for HTN, suffered a stroke 8 weeks ago, had several since TIA's which now they tell me I having Complex's Mingraine which leaves paralysis on my right side up to 3 hours at a time. Any ideas on the rating on this? Now 8 weeks after the stroke I vary from 50%-90% as for recovery. When my body stresses I'm at the worst. Going to the VA tomorrow. Have not been to work in over 8 weeks, almost out of leave.Also been in and out of the hospital those 8 weeks.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-....67&idno=38

Rating

Migraine:

With very frequent completely prostrating and prolonged attacks productive of severe economic inadaptability 50

With characteristic prostrating attacks occurring on an average once a month over last several months 30

With characteristic prostrating attacks averaging one in 2 months over last several months 10

With less frequent attacks 0

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

How do TMJ triggered headaches figure into this? Some days, I just put my dinner in a blender. Other days, I feel like my head is going to explode, like in that movie "Scanners".

Are these considered isolated from each other?

Just got the results from my sleep study today, and I have "severe sleep apnea". They said I stop breathing a few times for over 10 seconds. I'll be getting more details nexts week on the mask I have to wear at night, from what they tell me it makes some noise! And yes, its secondary to the Stroke! So, once I get all the copies of the test I'll file another claim with the VA. Anyone have any ideas of the average rating and code for sleep apnea? Still waiting for VA to rate the Migraine.