VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Plantar Fasciitis Vs Heel Spurs

Rate this question

alphahec

Question

I was rated 0% for heel spurs of right foot, but my service record also stated that I had plantar fasciitis. Should I have my claim amended to include the plantar faciitis?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks guys, luckily the progress notes they did at the clinic at Iraq, states both plantar fasciitis and heel spurs, so I'm good there, but they rated only the heel spurs. But I'll get it rated in the end, thanks again!

• HadIt.com Elder

The thing is that PF and heel spurs don't usually limit your ROM. They just hurt when you walk or stand. You can also get a fibroma from PF. I have that as well. I don't know how they rate all that. I have PF and PN. I wish my feet were completely numb so I did not feel pain. I had PF in service but I thought everyone's feet hurt in the Army.

I just wanted to let everybody know heel spurs can causes ROM, everybody is different when it comes to pain and it also matters where the heel spur is on your heel and what ligament or tendon it is rubbing on. I broke both of my big toes in the military I was told I would not be able to walk until they healed, I walked the next day and went to work because I do not walk on my toes like everybody else, I am just saying everybody is different, so what one person has wrong with them can cause them not to be able to function and another person can have a normal life with the same problem. I am not trying to say anybody is wrong about what they are saying, just everybody is different, Make the VA say it is not service connected, don't do it yourself because the most you can give yourself is 0% and they can give you a lot more if you have the problem.

THANKS Ken

Make the VA say it is not service connected, don't do it yourself because the most you can give yourself is 0% and they can give you a lot more if you have the problem.

Put another way, if you don't file, the answer is no...they can't say yes unless you ask.

I was diagnosed with PF on one foot a few years ago. My Doc said anyone with PF probably had heel spurs too. As predicted, my x-rays showed that I sure enough had heel spurs on my sore foot. But, the Doc said they didn't hurt anything and that he never operated on them. He prescribed stretching exercises and shoe inserts for the PF, which I thought would never work. But, after about six months of stretching and wearing inserts the pain was greatly reduced and was completely gone after about a year. It's been about three years pain free so far, knock on wood.