VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Difficult Case

Rate this question

reinstone

Question

Okay to make a long story short I have been recieving treatment fromt he VA for sometime now. I have been getting Xanex and other pills plus asthma medicine. Inhalors etc. They prescribe them.

So I am having really bad allergy problems and the VA refers me to an outside doctor(allergist) who tells me I am really allergic to mold and have bad asthma. He did all the tests and they said I had asthma. So he tells me to seek va compensation. So I go and they act like there is nothing wrong with me and say my lungs are 90%- which is okay......but I wasnt having an attack at the time. My docs records say different and if I didn't have asthma why would they give me all these drugs.

I also have letters I sent from Iraq telling my mom to send me an inhalor etc etc. Not sure what to do I have been out since 03 and had these probs since then-actually developed the anxiety shortly after returning from Iraq and started to have breathing probs after a bout of pnuemonia in boot camp.

Thanks

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

File your claim. You also need the envelop that letter to your mother was sent in. It will be determined based on all the evidence, not just the opinion of the VA doctor. Also file for your MH claim. Stick around and you will learn how to develop your claim but you first have to file.

Ah..........since I posted had to go to the ER..........thought I was having a stroke. Anxiety attack though. Had a cat scan and heart test. Just in my head.

I have filed both a claim for the asthma and a claim for MH. I was a marine and was an avaition ordnance guy at the very beggining of the iraq war. I was a forwward armer so we got attacked quite a bit but usually just by artillery and mortars. The wierd thing is that this stuff didn't start bothering me till I has been back quite a while.?

thanks for the response.- see previous post.........been a bad day.

PS the letters I sent my mom(asking for inhalors) were actually emails I sent from the USS Saipan email before and after I was in iraq. I couldn't get them(inhalors) there. They have my name @usssaipan whatever as the heading and the date. The letters talking about pnuemonia are various. Mostly boot camp. I think she saved the envelopes.

Call this a coincidence. I am from a small town and when I went to marine combat training I met a guy from the town next to me. He actually helped me on a hump (hike) when I was having an asthma attack. I can't seem to locate him though. I know his name and we were friends afterword (same base) I remember that i ENDED UP actaully falling out of a later forced march and had to do a remedial Hump......that no one ever passed....but it was a breeze withthe albuterol inhalor they gave me.......but Im sure that mysteriously dissapperaed from my medical record.

• HadIt.com Elder

Reinstone"

Welcome to Hadit. You are having panic attacks you need treatment. Get help quickly. Untreated is very bad.

PS the letters I sent my mom(asking for inhalors) were actually emails I sent from the USS Saipan email before and after I was in iraq. I couldn't get them(inhalors) there. They have my name @usssaipan whatever as the heading and the date. The letters talking about pnuemonia are various. Mostly boot camp. I think she saved the envelopes.

Call this a coincidence. I am from a small town and when I went to marine combat training I met a guy from the town next to me. He actually helped me on a hump (hike) when I was having an asthma attack. I can't seem to locate him though. I know his name and we were friends afterword (same base) I remember that i ENDED UP actaully falling out of a later forced march and had to do a remedial Hump......that no one ever passed....but it was a breeze withthe albuterol inhalor they gave me.......but Im sure that mysteriously dissapperaed from my medical record.

Good enough, e-mails and letters. As far as the marine you are trying to locate, send a self adressed stamped envelop along with an unsealed letter with the infomation on how he can contact you to the VA. They will check in the system and if you have enough information ie., name, branch of service, approximate age, when he went in service, they will forward the letter to him. The reason the letter has to be unsealed is they have to read it. You would be surpised how many people try to get in touch with people for personal reasons. Good Luck :angry: